Chapter 35.

Authors Note

Happy Friday from Californiaaa! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

A quick shoutout to a follower from Instagram:

@Amanda.ranae

Thank you for all your support & kind words! I really appreciate it!

Follow me on Instagram for edits/Updates @EatReadWriteRepeat

Love You guys!

Don't forget to leave COMMENTS & Vote if you read this. 😊

Enjoy!

Anissa's POV

"I still can't believe your an accountant," I tell Louis as I watch him work from across the desk. I've been sitting here bored out of my mind because Harry annoyingly tricked me into staying behind with Louis while he helped Mariano get all the paperwork we have to review claiming it would only take "a minute".

That was half an hour ago.

"I mean don't get me wrong, you seem really smart it's just numbers are so boring and your just so..."

"Look, Anissa I would love to small talk with you right now, really I would, but I am up to my eyeballs in work right now, " Louis says in a serious voice, "This is at least a weeks worth of work back at my other job, and I have to finish it all by tomorrow. So I'm kinda stressing because I've never worked with this much money and I really don't want to mess this up by rushing but I obviously don't have the time to actually take my time so I really just can't talk, I need to be a hundred percent focused," Louis finishes ranting, rubbing his temple.

"If you need more time then ask for it," I advise feeling sorry for a stressed Louis.

"I can't."

"You can. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself Lou, you can't just let Harry treat you however he wants," I continue saying, hoping he'll take my advice.

"Anissa, if I spoke to Harry the way you do he'd probably break every single one of my fingers and still make me finish my job," Louis says finally cracking a smile, "He only tolerates you challenging him because he wants to bone you."

"That's not true," I say almost choking.

"It is!" Louis says in a fit of laughter.

"Shut up," I tell him jokingly,"I still think you could try to get Harry to extend the deadline for a third day, it's just one more day," I tell him leaning over the desk,"I mean sure Harry's a bossy, presumptuous, stubborn, annoying assho..." I begin to say when the door opens.

Speak of the devil.

"What lovely adjectives used to describe me, are you finished or is there more?" Harry says as he walks into the office carrying a stack of Manila folders that he slaps down in front of me.

"There's more, but if I listed them all we'd never hear the end of it now would we darling?" I tell him sweetly. I can see Louis covering his smile, as he returns his attention back down at his work.

Harry glares at me for a minute and I almost think he's going to say something back, but instead he pulls a chair up next to me and sits. I almost tell him to move somewhere else but I realize that there isn't anywhere else for him to sit in this cramped office.

Harry grabs a folder from the stack, pulling out his PDA and pen and begins to work. I sit impatiently waiting for Harry to assign me work but after a few minutes I realize he isn't going to give me anything unless I speak up.