Chapter 33.

Authors Note

This chapter's wording was redone a few times because I was feeling iffy about it. 😁 BUT anywho here it is!

Shoutout to @LegendaryBookFreak here on Wattpad! She inspired me to italicize character thoughts which I did a little in the this chapter.

Check out her fanfic "Eternal (Eternal Immorna book #1) " it's a great read! 😊

Follow me on Instagram for Edits
- @EatReadWriteRepeat 😊

& for anyone curious to know who I picture Mariano Bravo as it's Diego Boneta. 😊

If you are reading this Chapter please VOTE. 😊

I really appreciate all the feedback & comments so please keep commenting your thoughts as well. 😊

Love you guys! Enjoy!

Anissa's POV

"Don't give up on him so easy. He's put in a hell of a whole lot of effort from what your telling me and that is a worthy man," Mariano says turning his body to face me, "You have to give credit to the man that tries."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore," I huff focusing my attention back to the movie still playing.

"You are something else," Mariano remarks shaking his head, "You wanna know what happened with Vivienne?"

"No," I reply in a monotone as I move around a fudge fish in my pint.

"She got tired of constantly having to prove herself to me. She loved me with everything she had and I still made it seem like it wasn't enough, I still questioned her intentions with me," Mariano tells me despite my answer, "And one day she couldn't take it anymore. She figured out that she wasn't the problem, I was. I was the one who wouldn't let her in. I was the one who wouldn't open up.I was the one who pushed her away when she got too close. And then she left me."

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask looking back at him trying my best to sound confused even though I have a pretty good idea as to why.

"Because just by listening to you talk about you and Harry I can already tell that you have the exact same problem I do," Mariano says leaning back in his seat.

"Oh really? And what might that be?" I question glaring over at him.

I hate know-it alls.

"You're afraid of getting hurt," He says simply.

"You know what Mariano you don't even ..." I start to say raising my voice.

"Relax, I just thought I'd share with you because I feel like we could be friends," He says softly, "I really don't want you to end up like me. All alone with a broken heart while the one I was always too afraid to love is off with her husband and 3 kids living in New York happily." Mariano reveals,"A person can only love you at one hundred percent for so long until they realize that they deserve more than that fifty percent you've been giving them the whole time. Wake up before it's too late."

I stay silent, I know Mariano's right, but I'm too stubborn to admit it to him.

"We can stop talking about this now. I didn't mean to upset you,"Mariano offers.

We watch the movie in silence until I decide to speak up so that he knows I'm not upset from his advice.

His good advice.

"How do you know so much about her?" I ask curiously.

"I may or may not have hired a private investigator to find out how she was doing," Mariano replies before pointing a finger at me playfully saying, "Don't judge."