Chapter 43

Authors Note

I won't be updating till Monday (Maybe) if this chapter gets a lot of votes I might just feel motivated and write all night Saturday. Lol

ANYWHO

Hope everyone has a great weekend & Happy Friday! Going to keep this short because I have a house to clean. Lol

Enjoy!

Please Vote/Comment it is much appreciated.😄🌟

Anissa's POV

"...now and at the hour of our death, Amen," I repeat after the priest making the sign of the cross as I stare blankly at Harry's body.

"Thank you Father Ricardo. A beautiful prayer as usual," Mr. Styles says as he walks over to open the hospital room door like he always does,"Anissa would you like to join us for a..."

"No thank you," I mutter.He gives me a faint smile as he allows Father Ricardo to pass before closing the door again. I slide back onto the now familiar bed along side Harry, grabbing his hand, before I begin staring out the open window like I do everyday.

I stopped joining Father Ricardo and Mr. Styles for coffee in the hospital cafeteria a week and a half ago.I just couldn't stand hearing the same negative conversation over and over again, the conversation of what to prepare for when Harry surpasses into the vegetative state of a coma. Something must have clearly happened with Harry's mother making comas a touchy subject with Mr. Styles causing him to plan for the worst. I didn't want to hear any of that bullshit though because I hadn't lost hope that Harry would wake up from his coma, even though his father had. Which is why he's had a priest come in everyday for the past two weeks to come say some prayer and blessing for the people that could die any second.

Two weeks.

Harry has been in a coma for two long weeks. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think back on the time Harry followed me onto the train here, the cause of this entire problem. I sit here thinking of all the what ifs and should have could haves until I can no longer come up with any. It does no use because what's done is done, but I still do it.

I sit here everyday eating and drinking as minimal as possible,only leaving the room to visit Mariano. The only day I left the hospital was when Louis came to say goodbye,reminding me I still didn't have any shoes on. I brought my backpack of essentials to the hospital and made this place my temporary home, sleeping here every night since Harry's father decided to stay in a hotel down the street. I was actually grateful to be left here alone at night with Harry. That's when I did most of my thinking, my positive thinking.

Why is it that the things we have the least control over always end up being what changes our lives the most?

Last night as I fought my sleep, just like I do every night, I realized something.

I realized that Harry changed me.He change me in a matter of days in a way that all the people I have come across in my years of travel failed to. At first I thought he was just being over bearing, forcing himself on me but in reality he was only trying to be there for me. He was actually trying to make a connection with me. He showed me that I don't have to be alone, I don't have to be afraid to embrace relationships, friendships.

It's as if every terrible thing Harry had said or done to hurt me our first days here in Mexico have been suddenly erased, leaving me with nothing but the few amazing moments we've shared. Once he wakes, I know he won't be so quick to forget all the fighting like I now have, but I'm okay with that. I'm okay with forgiving Harry and moving on.