CHAPTER 2

I looked at my watch and thought it was just about time me to head up to the control room to see what Natalie was after.

Guessing she's found out something big, judging by the seriousness in her voice...

I pressed the button on the elevator when all of a sudden I felt a shiver up my spine, turning around I saw no one was in the hallway behind me... they were empty and dark.

Then the walls started to fall away around me and suddenly I found myself floating in blackness, I looked down and saw the ground rushing towards me. "Inia!" I could tell that was Arch's voice.

Snapping back to my reality Arch and Molly were standing in front of me with his hands on my shoulders "What just happened! Arch!" I said with fret, I was still regaining my vision.

Looking down I had a gun in my hands... but it wasn't mine...

It was War's rifle!

A black smoky haze lifted from the gun and it faded away out of my hands, Screaming unconsciously I couldn't stop myself, tears running down my face, falling to the ground on my hands and knees... I was a wreck.

This is the biggest fit I've had in ages. Looking up Arch and Molly were nowhere to be seen.

I'd imagined it all. "Oi, You alright Inia." Natalie asked as she lifted me up off the ground.

"Yeah.. I'm good, just having a moment that's all." I said as I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"Is it because your back in Nortiso you had that breakdown just then? Or is that a usual thing with you now." Natalie asked with a concerned look as she handed me a bottle of water she had on her.

"Thanks and no this isn't a usual thing... I saw War's rifle in my hands Nat, What do you think that means." I asked still dazed and confused about what was happening.

"Well funny you say that, Because the reason I wanted to talk to you was about 'Her', alot of good men lost their lives getting this information." Natalie laughed as she passed me a folder with 'TOP SECRET (A.M.TRAC OPERATIVE EYES ONLY)' written across it.

"Don't read that here, I can't tell you much today because I'm waiting for the Fortress to have another semi-meltdown again, which should be happening quite." Looking at her watch "Soon."

Alarms started to sound, Lights started flash. The hallways locked down. "Whoa what's that all about." Inia and Natalie were completely calm during all of this, Says a lot about their past.

"Steiger Fortress, after Emblem Direct bombed it to high heaven it damaged its nuclear reactor, now the whole area inside is highly Radioactive." Natalie spoke with a raised voice so I could hear her over the alarms. Suddenly they stopped and the lockdown lifted.

"I have some fond memories of the fortress, getting up every morning to see yourself surrounded by huge walls was always a weird thing to see first waking up."

Natalie and I walked back to my room; she made sure I got back there without having another fit, lying down on the bed Natalie wished me a good day and walked out of my room.

Turning over to my side I looked at the file she had given me, I already knew what it was about and put it under the bed, Thinking about it was doing my head in and I didn't have mental ability to be able to read at the current time.

Turning on the A/C in the room plus a pedestal fan, I soon had the room at an absolute freezing temperature.

I wanted some alone time, I needed to relive what had happened before to work out how I had triggered such a fit to happen in the first place.