Chapter 10

"Send them out with a few deliveries to the local military bases." Natalie moaned in distaste as she sat down in the chair, flicking a pencil between her thumb and pointer finger.

"What has to be delivered today?" Echo stood up from her chair as she asked Natalie.

"Hesco Barriers and some Ammunition to Bravo base." Natalie replied putting the pencil down on the keyboard in front of her. "Charlie base is also still struggling to repair some of their front line barricades just east of Steiger Fortress." She spun around.

"Inia."

"Yes Natalie?" I replied.

"Take Molly and Arch with you, Alpha base is just coming out of critical condition not to mention they have some light wounded there." She commanded.

"Light wounded? Wasn't the attack just a few months back? How can there still be wounded people there." I asked curiously.

"Guerrilla's from St.Heart have been shooting at our men on patrol, while you go to alpha I'll have another squad go to St.Heart and deliver some aid." Natalie rubbed her head. "If only they knew that we are trying to help them out."

I walked over to the computer next to Natalie. "What happened at St.Heart?" I asked her.

"Well St.Heart is a small mountain village just northwest of us and last week while You and Arch where at the fortress we had the 43th fighter wing doing some training with Auroria's fighter squadron and well an Aurorian jet came in for landing and there was a freak malfunction with it's external fuel tank." Natalie paused and turned off the computer screen.

"The jet went around again and the pilot tried releasing the fuel tank which was fully laden with fuel, Well the damn thing released all three over the mountain range, which is all fine and dandy... If they were empty." Natalie continued.

"Doesn't sound too good then." I replied.

She continued on. "As soon as the fuel tanks hit the ground, they split apart and fuel went everywhere, practically coating one side of the town in it... it went down a chimney and blew a house up which then caused the fire to spread to the rest of the fuel outside and started a huge wildfire."

"So that's why they hate us currently?" I asked.

"Duh, imagine if I went to your town where everyone knows everyone and dumped fuel everywhere, you'd be pretty upset too." She laughed morbidly.

"Fair call." I looked at Natalie who had a genuine look of worry on her face.

"Anyway! Later that night as the fire raged on the weather took a turn and it began raining, so it put out the fire, but ruined everyone's belongings because they had all evacuated outside... but look Auroria is paying for all off the damages done, we're just the ones that have to deliver the aid to the area." Natalie sat up from her chair.

"What's the death count?" I asked.

"Luckily only 5 people, but most of the village is now homeless, we set up some shelter for them though." Natalie replied as she walked over to Echo.

Echo stood at the door leading out of the room looking at me intensely.

"Now come you two we all have job's to do here." Natalie playfully bumped Echo as she walked past.

Echo looked back at Natalie which a very pissed off look, she snapped back and looked at me with the very same.

Echo stormed off after Natalie.

'I wonder what her problem is?' I thought to myself.

Now I had to find Arch and Molly, they were both back on speaking terms again, Arch ended up camping in my room for 2 nights till Molly came and knocked on the door and demanded Arch come back to their room.