Chapter 31

We crawled through the field, the fire had fully engulfed the forest behind us and going back into it was no longer an option. The bullets continued to rain down around us, Siege and I had been grazed by a bullet but it was nothing serious.

Haythorn and Ilya were well ahead of us with crawling speed as was Trace, we were crawling to the left of the line up of vehicles and gunmen that had set up on a dirt road.

They eventually stopped firing. We didn't stop crawling through the weeds for another few minutes, I was cut up from the plants and rocks that lay on the field, everyone else in our little group was just as cut up as me.

I quickly peaked over the weeds in the field, I could see people beginning to walk in with their weapons out. I cursed under my breath as I saw a spotlight flash around in the field.

With the wind that was currently blowing it made it easy not to be seen as the movement of the weeds would mask our own movement. Thank God.

I reached the fence line, on the other side of the wire fence it led into dense scrub land. Instead of crawling we might of been able to crouch run our way to Port Alore. I had lost the other 3 at this point I could only hope that we were all going in the right direction.

I was crouch running as fast as I could, taking a look back every so often wondering when I was going to get hit by a sniper's bullet or if everyone else had survived.

I stopped in my tracks, I had to bandage my wounds at some point or I was going to be in serious trouble with an infection. As I scrambled to strap myself up with makeshift bandages I could hear the sound of someone trying their hardest to not make any noise.

As I tied my last knot on the bandage I was jumped on from the side, tackled to the ground I tried my best not to scream in pain.

"I've got you!" A familiar voice angrily said as they attacked me.

"Trace?!" I whispered to him as he kept his weight on me.

"Inia?" He said loosing up his grip on me.

"Yes it's me you stupid idiot!" I could of just about slapped him for that.

"Sorry, I'd lost Ilya, Haythorn and Siege, you as well." He replied as he sat down next to me.

"Same here, your the only one I've found so far." I said getting back into an upright position.

"Any idea where they could be?" Trace asked me. As I went to shrug my shoulders I heard someone else coming up behind us.

Trace and I picked up our weapons again. We didn't know who it could of been. As they ran up I peaked out behind the bush we were sitting behind.

I could see the silhouette of the man. "Haythorn!" I called out in a whisper.

"Inia?" He stopped dead in his tracks. "Is that you?" He asked the darkness that surrounded him.

"Yes now keep coming forward!" I replied.

"Alright I'm coming." He said as he walked up towards us, Ilya was with him as well.

"Hey Ilya and Haythorn... glad to see you've both made it." Trace said as we pulled him into the bushes.

"Didn't see Siege out there by chance?" I asked him.

"I didn't, no... she was behind you wasn't she Inia?" He settled his gun on the floor and sat down. "I was in front of everyone but I got all turned around after I passed through the wire fence. I'm lucky to have found you guys." He continued.

"I remember her being right behind me for sometime but we all ended up getting lost in the dense weeds once they started walking out into the field." I said, I peaked out of the bush once more, I could see the searchlights still combing the field in behind us. The men were just walking where we had once been crawling through.