Chapter 27

I was forced awake by Siege who had her arms around my neck squeezing tightly, her eyes were wide open and she looked pissed off. Blood was dripping out of her mouth as she gritted her teeth together harder.

I struggled to shift my weight while she was sitting on top of me, using both her legs to pin me down by my arms.

As I began to fade I could see the faint image of two unknown people fast asleep on the couch. I grasped for air but I had no strength left.

Black.

I woke up, this time it was daytime, Trace had fallen asleep and Haythorn was still sleeping as well.

I had sweat beading off me and my heart raced. I looked at the bed to discover Siege was missing.

I flew up from the floor, I walked over to Haythorn and Trace who were also beading with sweat, I felt their pulses and they were racing as well.

I shook them both trying to wake them up from the nightmare Siege had obviously put in our minds.

They didn't wake up, instead they continued to stay in there sleeping state. I was frightened admittedly.

I could hear the sound of running water as I walked towards the kitchen area. Someone was in the bathroom.

I walked up to the bathroom door slowly. I could hear Siege humming away to the tune of some song. I slowly opened the door and peeked inside.

She was showering alright. "Good to know your awake again." I said as I walked into the bathroom.

She turned around with lightning speed and screamed as she covered herself up with the curtains. "What the bloody hell are you doing in here get out!" She yelled, before I knew it a bar of soap was launched at my head.

"Hey!" I said dodging the soap bar.

"Oh! It's you Inia! I thought you might of been one of the boys." Siege shyly peeked out.

"What's gotten into you lately?!" I asked.

She didn't say much. "Well wha-" I managed to say before I got cut off. "I don't know, I'm sorry for everything the last few days, ever since we got back from that damn ship I've been feeling off." She answered.

I stood there. I wondered why something would be so wrong. "You gave all of us a nightmare this morning, thanks for that." I crossed my arms and leant up against the bathroom wall.

"Sorry, I knew I had, I couldn't stop it in time from forming." Siege opened the curtain again.

"Trace and Haythorn are still under it." I told her, she nodded at me.

"Are you gonna be okay enough for that job today?" I asked.

"I believe so... I feel better now." Siege responded with a smile.

"Provided everything goes well, we'll be in Onina tomorrow afternoon... Working with Ilya and MAERSK." I mentioned to her as I handed her a towel. She reached out and took it, her hand touched mine momentarily.

"For someone that has seen a large amount of combat your hands aren't as rough as brother Traces." She laughed. "Well I don't know why, I heal well I suppose." I shrugged my shoulders.

We both fell silent, I thought back to yesterday about how we were talking about Siege and Phenomenon.

"Siege." I looked at her. "What do you remember about the night you came to be?" I asked her.

She paused and sat down on the edge of the bath. "I remember suddenly waking up on the floor of War's bedroom in the house, god we gave each other a fright!" She laughed as she remembered way back to that time. She sat there, quietly giggling to herself as she remembered the times she had while at that house. "I remember War, very clearly saying 'Bloody Hell' as she looked at me on the floor. This was after we had jumped about 10 feet into the air from fright."