0.1

Thomas was running. He didn't know where to, all he knew was that he had to get away from the guards. Everyone knew what happened when they were caught at the scene of the crime. Not that Thomas did the crime, but he knew he'd be blamed. It was Thomas that found the body. Naked, beat up, dead. Who else would they blame?

Coming from behind him, he could hear the hollers of the guards catching up on him. He was well aware that him running wasn't making him look any more innocent, but at this point, he didn't care. Thomas had a family. When his dad died a few years ago, Thomas was forced into the position of keeping the family. Thankfully, his family was small: only him, his mother, and sister.

When his breath started to heave, Thomas knew it was time he stopped. But he wasn't ready to give up. At the same time, there was no escape from the guards. He knew a dead end was coming up and Thomas would be surrounded. As if on cue, Thomas stopped seconds before he ran into a wall. Guards didn't waste anytime to surround him. Before Thomas could process what was happening, the guards were gripping him by the wrist. Their large, calloused hands were able to fit around Thomas' skinny, boney wrist almost twice.

No matter how much Thomas struggled, he didn't get anywhere close to succeeding. In fact, he got further away than closer. By the time they reached a large castle, I had a bloody-probably broken-nose and multiple bruises forming on my skinny, unfed body. By now, every step hurt and made me wince. Every time this happened, the guards would smirk and walk slightly faster. Now, we were practically jogging.

We went inside and were met with a long hallway. At the end of it, it led into another room. Thomas couldn't see into it, but something told him, this is where they were going. The guards let him go and gave him a stern look. It was easily interpreted as "stay". Thomas obliged and didn't move a muscle. They looked at each other and back to Thomas and headed to the room at the end of the hallway.

----------

"Another dead?" King Newt shouted at his guards. They nodded in unison, causing Newt to stand up and walk toward them. He was mad. No, furious. There's been a death everyday for the past week and a half-obviously not including the ones who have been accused and killed. "Are you sure you got the right person this time?"

"Yes, your majesty," the tall, more lean guard nodded. "Everything about the girl-the bruises and the blood-were fresh. It's no coincidence that the boy was there. He'd have to have shown up less than two minutes after the girl was murdered." Newt nodded. He noticed how they said boy. Usually when they brought people in, they were men in there mid thirties. Something was off about the boy he'd yet to see. It intrigued him. Maybe it was because it'd be the only time he'd ever really met someone who could be near his own age (18).

"Bring him in," Newt ordered the guards. They nodded and left the room to get the boy.

A/N: I want to thank Cookie4368 for suggesting I do something like this 😀 and that's really it, so see you in the next chapterrrr!