1.4

Tommy's POV

A million thoughts rushed around my head when I saw Newt collapse. I couldn't stay long though as everyone was ushered out by The Priest. He told me he'd come get me soon. Now I was in the castle again, waiting for The Priest to arrive. After about ten minutes, he returned with a frown. "I'm sorry, Thomas, but when I went back to see him, he was gone."

My eyes widened. "What? No!" I shouted, tears spilling out of my eyes. There was no way he was gone. The Priest looked down while I processed what he'd said. "This was supposed to be a happy day. But then those people just had to come along and ruin it."

"I'm sorry, Thomas," the Priest said. "There's more you should know. Because you and King Newt weren't fully binded, you can't rule the kingdom during his time of absence. Our founders said that if the King were to go missing or die without being married, the Priest will rule until a family member steps up or the King-in this case King Newt-is found."

I looked down. This place has become a home to me. He can't just kick me out. He won't, right? "I'm sorry, Thomas. I'll get a guard to escort you out." He will. Tears threatened to fall, but I didn't let them. Not yet, at least.

A few seconds later, a guard was leading my family and I out. This life opportunity with Newt was too good to be true. I just wish I had seen it sooner.

~MEANWHILE~

3rd Person POV

"Bring him in," The Priest called. Seconds later, a couple guards-the same ones who had kidnapped Thomas-walked in holding an unconscious body in. The body belonged to none other than King Newt. "Put the castle on lockdown," the Priest ordered. "No one gets in, no one goes out." The guards nodded and dropped Newt's body and left.

Smiling to himself, The Priest walked over to the unconscious Newt. "All good things must have an end," The Priest whispered, kneeling down next to the body. "Just like all bad things must have a beginning."