2.3

Newt's POV

"Why don't we try this again," I smiled and pulled out a box. Tommy looked shocked, but I didn't let him say anything before I started talking again. "Thomas . . . Tommy, I know last time this was kind of forced, but this time, I want to do it right.

I'm not sure what it is about you, but I like you, so much. Words can't describe it. It's been this way since you were first brought into the castle under the assumption that you killed a girl. At first, I wasn't honestly sure whether or not to believe the guards when they said that you did it. I didn't kill you like I usually would do to other people because I thought that it'd be good for me to have someone my own age around.

When you got taken by The Priest-yes we figured out that it was him who took you-I was so worried. During that time, I barely slept, barely ate. That's when I knew I truly loved you. Before that, when I told The Priest that you would be my husband, I figured that you had to do it and you'd eventually like me too. Then you said you weren't gay and it made me mad. That's why I had the guards beat you. It was the worst mistake I've ever made. Sometimes I lay awake thinking about what my life would be like if I had killed you.

After I had came and retrieved you from the dungeons, you said that you were actually gay. I was happy, but I also thought that you were doing it to protect yourself. Slowly, I started to actually believe that you felt the same way toward me that I felt towards you. By the time that our first . . . attempt at a wedding arrived, I knew in my heart that you loved me. That was all proven true when you and HECTIC broke into the castle to save not only me, but the rest of the kingdom too. That's the moment I realized that you would be an amazing King.

I know it's only been a week or so since The Priest killed Carter, but I think now is the perfect time to do this. We don't have to do it right away, but Tommy . . . Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" Tommy smiled. I put the ring on his finger and we kissed. We were interrupted by a cough. Emilio was standing there.

"King Newt," he said, "the wedding has to be immediately. After that, I have to tell you something really important. Three days are the max amount of days, I feel.

I nodded and made a mental note to make an announcement tomorrow morning that the next day we would get married. I didn't have any idea what Carter knew that no one else did.

A/N: I'm trying to make this as long as possible because I'm not ready for this to be over. What do you guys think? Should there be more chapters or should I just end it after the wedding?