1.6

Newt slowly woke up, only to see he was in his Throne Room. Memories of the wedding rushed through his head. "Tommy?" he called. Footsteps got closer to him and Newt hoped it was Tommy.

"Not quite, Newt," a voice answered. It was a voice Newt has heard all of his life. The Priest. "I always hated you and your dad. Always getting in the way me. The only reason I took the title of Priest is because I found out that if something tragic happened and the ruler wasn't married then the Priest would take over."

"You're pathetic," Newt sputtered out. The Priest laughed.

"Newt," The Priest lowered himself down to Newt's level, "the kingdom thinks you're dead. You're no longer King. I am." The coolness in The Priest's voice sent shivers through Newt.

"What did you do to Tommy?" Newt practically shouted. The Priest chuckled. Guards brought in a group of boys. Most of them Newt didn't recognize, but then he spotted Tommy. He was stained in blood, his eyes shattered. Something was off. All Newt had to do was look at him to know that Tommy was done with everything.

"Not much, yet," The Priest shrugged. He walked to where to boys were being held. The Priest grabbed Tommy's face, analyzing him almost. "This one, Thomas, put up quite a fight. Probably because he recognized my men from the last time he was kidnapped. He's going to be a fun toy."

"Don't touch him!" Newt ordered, trying to stand up but realized he was chained to the floor.

"And what are you going to about it, Newt?" The Priest smirked. He grabbed Thomas from the guard and led him to a backroom where Newt had seen his father use to severely tortured people. Newt had never done that to anyone, but he'd been there a time or two just to see.

Guys, I was rereading that and realized how sexual that could have sounded . . .

Newt tried to pull away from the chains. Newt looked back and saw that there were only four boys now. There'd been six to begin with. The Priest took Tommy, but that should have left five. Instead there were four boys only. He decided to shake it from his mind for the time being.

The guards left a few seconds later. A long while later, a boy came up behind Newt. He shushed Newt and began to pick the locks on the chains. After a few seconds, Newt was able to stand. "Follow me," the boy said. Newt nodded and followed.