0.9

Newt's POV

If it weren't for the fact that I had to be here, I'd be looking for Tommy. He was much more important than this stupid festival. I was leaning back in a chair that was overlooking everyone. It was about ready to start, so I sat up and looked professional even though it was clear to anyone who took the time to look that I haven't slept since Tommy was taken.

I miss him so much. All that's been on my mind has been what whoever took him has been doing to Tommy. My mind has been filled with horrors of seeing Tommy lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, surrounded by an assortment of weapons. Possibly dead. While I was thinking, I felt someone's eyes burning through me, but I was so deep in thought that I ignored it. Soon, it left and I relaxed even though I hadn't realized I was tensed up.

Some men stomped onto the stage. They were holding someone in their grasps. I couldn't tell who it was until they hung him by his hands on a pole that was used for hanging. It was Tommy. He was passed out, bruised, and covered in dried blood. He was naked so I could see scars running up and down his body. They were all new. The men that had brought him started beating him.

They only got in a few punches and kicks before I stood up and yelled. Everyone stopped what they were doing, including the men. I ran up to them, followed by my guards. Being the trustworthy guards they were, they grabbed the men and took them away. They won't be alive very much longer, I tell myself as I get Tommy down. He falls and I pull him up.

I hear mumbling and look over to see Tommy starting to regain consciousness. His eyes flutter before opening. When he felt himself being in my grasp, he struggled before noticing that it was me. Immediately, I cancel the festival and take Tommy back to the castle. There, I get him some clothes and food. For the third time since he got here, he was put in the infirmary.

Later on, I went to the infirmary to see him. He was just waking up and he was smiling. "I saw my family," Tommy muttered with a smile. "They're still okay." I go and sit by him and hold his hand.

"Yeah," I smile, kissing his forehead, "yeah, they're okay. And they always will be. After I saw how you reacted with the death of Chuck, I had my guards go get your family and bring them here."

Tommy's eyes went wide, "They're here?" I nodded. "Can I see them? My sister and mother must be worried, especially when they saw what the men did to me."

"Of course," I said. I kissed him on his forehead again and left to go get his family. When I got there, his mom looked broken. Her eyes were bloodshot from crying and her eyes were a dark brown, unlike her eyes that used to resemble Tommy's and were light brown.

"Is Tom okay?" his sister, I believe her name is Theresa, asked. I nodded and gave them the 'follow me' hand signal. They obliged quickly. I led them to the infirmary, where Tommy had fallen asleep again. It was strange because of how eager he was to see his family, but then I looked at the heart monitor. It showed that his heart had slowed down majorly. I freaked out until the doctor told me he was going to me okay. Nodding, I left the family.