1.7

"Why are you here?" Newt whispers when the boy leads him into a vent in the castle.

The boy shook his head. "Sorry, King Newt," he whispered back. "I'll explain when we get back. But please just shut up until we're somewhere that doesn't echo every little thing through the entire castle."

Newt nodded even though he was behind the boy. They continued on through the vents until the boy stopped and opened one up. They slowly lowered themselves into Tommy's old room. Newt felt tears come to his eyes as he remembered how Thomas was always the first one to be hit, captured, or anything else all because Newt had taken him in.

"Explain," Newt commanded. The boy nodded.

"Well, for starters, my name is Carter," he introduces himself. "There's a lot to explain, but before I tell you how we got here I have to explain who we are. We as a group are called 'HECTIC' and we know that The Priest set this whole thing up. Just trust us, okay?" Newt nodded not knowing what Carter meant.

*flashback*

A few days passed and the small group had come to a decision on what to do. Now they were actually going to do it.

Thomas had requested to speak to The Priest, but he didn't give a reason why. The Priest hadn't been stupid and agreed but knew that he was up to something. He had guards set up around the entrance. Sure enough when Thomas had arrived, he had brought his group along. The guards had caught most of them, but one of the guards had met with the group. He'd agreed to be the one to get Carter.

Most of the guards had gone after Thomas, but that didn't stop him from fighting back. In the background, The Priest was standing there, observing what was happening. When the group had finally been taken to the dungeons, Thomas was the only one that was beat. The others had gone with them as part of the plan.

When the guards came to get the members of HECTIC, everyone knew that Newt had woken up. The guard with Carter stayed in the back so when Thomas was taken by The Priest, the guard let Carter sneak away to help Newt.

Newt processed what Carter had said. Thomas was probably getting tortured for Newt. He made a mental note to thank him and also yell at Tommy. Really, Newt didn't need Thomas to get killed.

"We don't have much time," Carter grabbed Newt's arm and they ran out of the room. "We have to show the public that you're still alive. Before The Priest does something to get our friends hurt or killed." Newt didn't oblige and ran along side the small boy through the castle.