0.6

Chuck (bet ya didn't see that coming) was about a block away from Thomas' house. They'd always do their work together, but Chuck-much like everyone else-hasn't seen Thomas for a few days. At this point, Chuck was more worried about where Thomas was than Thomas' family was. Sure they loved him, but with all the murders lately, someone who's disappeared without a trace means they're probably dead. All they could do was wait for the body to show up.

Unlike the rest, Chuck refused to believe his best friend was dead. Who would want to kill Thomas? Then again, who would want to kill anybody. Stop thinking like that, Chuck told himself. He can't be dead. Even with that, Chuck pushed his thoughts away and continued believing in Thomas' will to survive. Chuck was so deep in thought that he hadn't realized he'd walked past Thomas' house. He didn't know where he'd ended up, but he turned around started walking where he thought would lead him to his destination.

"Chuckie," he heard from behind him. The only person who called him Chuckie was Thomas (I'm pretty sure Newt called him that in the books, but just go along with it). Not hesitating, Chuck turned around, not taking in the fact that the voice didn't belong to Thomas. Chuck was met with a sharp pain in his stomach. He looked down to see a knife had been stabbed into him. The person pulled the knife out of his abdomen and admired the blood that was slowly dripping off the weapon. Chuck fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

After that, Chuck couldn't feel anything. He saw the blurry outline of people's feet kicking him, but he didn't feel pain. Right as he blacked out, he heard someone yell. Chuck felt something pierce his chest. Then there was nothing. No kicks, no yells. Nothing. It was over.

A/N: Short chapter, but this was kind of a filler on what happened to Chuck. Next chapter should be normal length and I might post it today to make up for this chapter.