2.2

Thomas' POV

I woke up in Newt's arms. My face was tear stained and more tears fell as I remembered the previous events. Newt was already awake and notice when I started crying. "Hey, hey, sh sh. Don't worry, I'm here, Tommy. Please don't cry." Phrases like that left Newt's mouth in a hushed whisper. We stayed like that until I calmed down.

"Thank you, Newt," I said into his chest. He didn't say anything, but he kissed the top of my head. "I-I'm going to go check on the others. This hurt me hard and I only knew him for like a week. Everyone else on the other hand, have known him for longer." Newt nodded and let me go.

I wandered the halls until I saw the curly hair of Emilio. He was sat up against the wall, his head on his knees. Not saying anything, I walked and sat next to him. When I put my arm around him, he tensed but then relaxed when I told him who it was. "I want him dead," Emilio announced quietly. "The Priest needs to die. He killed him. He killed Carter. I loved him, Thomas. I loved Carter, so much, and The Priest just killed him. How could he just kill him?"

"I don't know, Emilio. The Priest is a messed up man. I'm absolutely certain that Newt won't let him live."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

Emilio and I stayed where we were until Emilio fell asleep. I picked him up and put him on his bed. The other boys stayed to themselves and didn't want to talk to anyone. It would take a while for us to be okay.

It was going to be tough, but I had faith in the boys. They'd pull through eventually. Sure they probably won't be the same as they were before, but they'll continue to fight and get through things. Hopefully they won't have to go through things like this again, but there will definitely be more cracks in the road.

Two weeks passed before the boys left their room. Newt said that in honor of Carter, they would kill The Priest. And that's what they did.

Apparently Newt's favorite way of killing people is death. Because, and I quote, "It's like letting out a breath you had been holding. That, and you get to see the head fall off the body, and in my opinion is quite satisfying." Any normal person would have thought that last statement was weird, but a) I love him enough to agree and b) I'm not normal.

After the decapatation of The Priest and his guards, a tension was released from the kingdom. Things were back to normal and a new Priest was put in the place. Her name is Ava and already she's better than the previous Priest. Things are looking up.

A week passed and the members of HECTIC including myself were getting back to normal. We thought about changing the name but decided against it in honor of Carter.

I was about ready to go to bed when I ran into Newt. A smile spread across his face and pulled something out of his pocket. "Why don't we try this again," he suggested and got down on a knee and opened a small box to show a ring.