1.9

Thomas' POV

The Priest took me into a room I'd never seen before. I didn't get time to look around before I heard a crack. The Priest held a whip and walked up to me. He grabbed my arm and yanked me over to where chains were held from the ceiling of the room. Forcing me on to a small step ladder, he secured my hands in the cuffs. Then he pulled the step ladder out from under my feet. I was left to hang there.

"Thomas," The Priest got in my face, "you made everything ten times harder for me . . ." he walked around to behind me. ". . . so I'm going to make things twenty times harder for you." A pain went through my back as the whip made harsh contact with my bare back. I choked back a scream as to not show weakness. "That one was just a practice. Now I want you to start counting. The first time you mess up, I start over. The second time you mess up, I double whatever you stopped at. Third time triple and so forth. Understand?" I nodded, trying to mentally prepare myself.

A smack, much harder than the first made a crack go through the room.

"One."

Another whip.

"Two."

Another whip.

"Three."

Another whip.

"Four."

By now my body was numb. Tears were silently falling down my face. Every word was now a scream of pain. A short, agonizing while later, I passed out. Before I did, I felt The Priest drop me. I fell to the ground and lost consciousness. The warmth of my blood surrounded me.

"Tommy!" was the last thing I heard before completely blacking out.