2.1

As soon as Thomas and the rest of HECTIC was better, Newt called for a public funeral to honor Carter. Mostly everyone showed up, but the only people who could say anything were the group members of HECTIC and his mom who had showed up. She refused to say anything. The boys decided that they should go in order. Hayden went first.

"Before everything happened, I hadn't known Carter. I'm glad that I got the chance to know him. Even if he was able to trick me multiple times into giving him food. We'd only been planning the escape for a couple weeks, but he became like a little brother to me. Soon we'll all be with Carter again."

Emilio went next.

"Not many people know this, but I was only a year older than him. When my dad died, it was just me and my mom, so I had to support us. Most of the time I would have to resort to stealing some food. Not that I was very good at it. That's how I met Carter about three months before HECTIC. He was my best friend. We did everything together. When I asked him about a week before HECTIC was formed if he would be my boyfriend, I was so happy. From that point forward, I was looking forward to spending my life with him. Now, all I can do is wait to see him again in the afterlife."

Thomas went next.

"He saved Newt. Then he could have easily put my almost unconscious body in front of the knife and killed me instead. But he didn't. Because of this, Carter is one of the bravest people I know. It's hard to believe that he's gone, but for now, let's remember his life as a good one even if it was short."

Ian went next.

"Where do I begin with Carter? He was the only person who could make me genuinely happy even if it was just for a few minutes. Carter was always there when I would stay up crying over stupid reasons like a hard day. I'm glad I could call him my cousin. The world lost a bright soul, but the afterlife gained one. I bet he's wherever his heart took him and being the little shit we all know him to be. Heck, he's probably already tricked other spirits into giving him food. He certainly did love food."

Finally Chad went.

"Carter was an older brother to me. He gave me hope that the world wasn't as dark as my abusive dad had made it seem. I dunno, he just had this aura around him that whenever he was near you, you knew everything was going to be okay. That, or you were going to be conned into going to steal food with him. Either way, no one could tell him no. Looking at him now. It's finally hitting me that he's actually gone. A brother shouldn't have to bury a brother, but Carter would rather see himself dead instead of one of his friends."

People came and left after seeing Carter. Newt stayed by Thomas the entire time, holding his hand. After this, Newt knew that Thomas wouldn't want to do anything else until he had fully mourned the death of his friend. Newt was okay with this, he'd want to do the same thing if he were in Thomas' shoes.

Hey, guys, thank you so much for 1k views!! It means so much to me!

I hate to do this, but I think there might only be one (or two) more chapter(s) in this fan fiction.