1.0

Thomas' POV

I woke up and felt someone holding my hand. "Newt?" I mumbled, not opening my eyes.

"No, Tom," I heard, "it's us, Theresa and mother." Theresa wiped my hair from my face. I had been dreaming about being back at the place. I look to my side opposite of my sister and see my mom. She's holding my hand and crying.

"Thomas?" she said, making it more of a question than a statement. "You're awake."

I smiled, "Yes I am."

"I was-have been-so worried. Ever since you were taken. We were just waiting to see you publicly killed by King Newt. What happened anyway?"

I explained everything that happened. Everything from running to the guards, to being taken by the men. They listened and cried most of the time. My family was emotional, but it's better than them being nonemotional.

A little while later, we were talking when we heard a knock at the door. We turned around and saw Newt standing there, a smile on his face. "Mind if I step in and talk to Tommy for a few minutes? Dinner is ready in the dining room." My family nodded and left. Newt walked up to me and kissed me. I kissed back after a second. It was soft and only a few seconds long, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. "I'm glad you're okay," Newt whispered, pulling away.

"You know what would make me feel even better?" I smirked. Newt hummed and I continued, "Another kiss." Newt shook his head and smiled. Leaning down once more and kissed me. It was about 10 seconds long and then it was over. We both pulled away smiling.

"Better?" I nodded and Newt became serious. "Now, we need to talk about something. On the day you were taken, the Priest came and talked to me. He was wanting me to marry his son or niece. I told him that you were my spouse. The Priest seemed angry, but he ended up leaving. I know this probably isn't how you imagined, but I need you to do this. I love you, Tommy. I want you to be in my life forever."

"I love you too, Newt," I smiled. "And if this is your way of proposing, you shouldn't be so nervous. I may be in the infirmary, but my answer is still yes."

"Please . . ." Newt stopped. "Wait, you said yes. Well then, uh, that's great. Perfect actually. I shall make the announcement tomorrow and we shall be wed as soon as you are well." Newt kissed me again, and basically skipped out the door like a little kid who'd just been given candy. I chuckled at the sight.

I'm not sure what exactly just happened, but I'm safe, Newt's safe, my family is safe. Everyone I care about is safe. Those men were arrested. Now all we had to do was find who the murderer is, because something tells me it's not the men who kidnapped me.

The nurse brought me food and I ate in silence. I want Newt to visit me, but he's probably busy preparing to announce or marriage and preparing the wedding itself. Oh well, he'll visit me when he has time. Hopefully that'll be soon.