1.8

Newt's POV

Carter and I ran out of the castle. I heard screaming that i could only assume was coming from Tommy. It took everything I had not to go look for him. Surprisingly, we made it out of the castle without running into any of the guards.

Ten or so minutes later, Carter and I were in the middle of the town. A bunch of people stared at us. Most of them asked what had happened. It didn't take long for a large crowd to huddle around Carter and I. All of there faces held shock as they stared at me after hearing that I was dead.

"This may come as a surprise to you all. Especially those who believed what The Priest said about my alleged death. As you can tell, the story is false. The Priest kidnapped me before I could be fully bonded with Thomas. At first he kidnapped Thomas and tried to force me to marry his niece or nephew. Then he kidnapped me because he wanted the kingdom to himself. Now he has Thomas and his friends held captive in the castle. They could be getting tortured or they could already be killed. Since I am still King, I will be sentencing The Priest and everyone who works for and alongside him to death. One of my guards found out that it was his niece and nephew that were doing the murders." When I finished, everyone stared at me before they started applauding. "Now! Go spread the word that King Newt is alive."

Everyone from the crowd hurriedly left. (you guys have no idea how much I wanted to say sceddadled----is that even how you spell it????) Carter didn't waste any time before he was pulling me back to the castle.

"I'll go get my friends, you go get Thomas," he demanded. I nodded and ran in the direction of where The Priest had taken Tommy. When I got to the room, I was horrified by what I saw.