2.6

Thomas woke up in a dark room that was only illuminated slightly by a green light in the far corner, making it useless to Thomas. He wasn't restrained against anything, but Thomas knew another person was in room with him. Slowly, Thomas sat up and he heard shuffling from one of the corners. Metal being picked up off of metal was the only thing that Thomas could hear after the shuffling stopped. "Hello, Thomas," a vaguely familiar voice said. "Welcome to Hell."

Minho lit a lamp closer to Thomas so he could see. He was holding a knife when he grabbed one of Thomas' arms. Without saying anything, Minho made a cut running up Thomas' arms. While Thomas was screaming, trying to get away, Minho drug the knife through one of Thomas' fingers. The sound of something dropping could be heard and both were silent, staring at the finger that had fallen to the floor.

"Try to escape again and another comes off. Understand?" Thomas nodded vigorously. "Good." With that, Minho left. Thomas started silently crying, trying everything in his power to stop the bleeding. A lot of time passed before he finally succeeded.

What could have been days or weeks passed and Minho returned. "Alright Thomas," he stopped in front of the boy, "we need to go over some things. If you ever try to escape, a finger gets cut off. Once all your fingers are off, then goes the hands. As long as you listen, you won't get hurt. But if you fail to listen, then there will be a various number of punishments." Getting closer to Thomas, Minho bent over and whispered, "Until you give up and kill yourself." With that, Minho left again.

Thomas stayed where he was, scared to lose another finger or get tortured to the point of suicide. "Just do as your told and things will be fine," Thomas muttered to himself.

Sadly, that's not how Minho thought things would work. Everyday, Minho would come in and claim he's had a bad day and do something horrendous to Thomas. 99% of the time, Thomas was left covered in blood and tears. Sometimes something else, but he would rather not say.

"Just . . . Keep . . . Fighting . . . Newt . . . Will . . . Find . . . You . . ." Thomas told himself after every torture session.