In Life & In Death

So, I've been wanting to write more Mpreg and well, my love of angst made this happen...

Warning: depression, blood, character death

Enjoy the feels! :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben woke up by two small hands shaking his arm. He opened his eyes and, careful of his large baby bump, slowly turned to face the child.

"Hi, Sweetie," he glanced at the clock, "what are you doing up so early?"

"I woke up and Katie was sweeping so I pwayed by myswelf and now I'm hungwy."

Ben sat up and looked at his child. Her brown hair could of been from either of her fathers but her blue eyes were unmistakably Ian's. A pang of sadness went through Ben and his large bed suddenly felt very empty. He pushed the feeling aside and smiled at the little girl. The purple pajamas showed that this must be Sadie. It may of seemed weird to some, but the color coordination was sometimes the only way to tell the twins apart.

Ben yawned and rubbed his eyes, "Well, why don't you help me make breakfast then?"

"Okway!"

By the time that Ben managed to stand up, she was already in the doorway.

"Cwome on, Daddy!"

He gently smiled at her and placed a hand on his stomach, "You know that your little brother makes me have to be slow."

She whined, "I knoooow but, I'm huuungwyyyy."

Ben walked towards her, "Why don't you head downstairs, I'll meet you there."

She pouted before running ahead.

Not wanting to have walk more than necessary, it was getting difficult with a child due any day now, he went into the first room on his right. There were two small beds on opposite walls and two dressers at their ends. A bookshelf in the middle of the back wall filled the gap between the beds.

The left bed was empty with messy sheets and a couple stuffed animals scattered on top of it. The other bed had a little girl in it, Katie. Sadie's identical twin. The only difference in the two toddlers was that Katie already seemed to be much more outgoing and social than her timid sister.

Ben made his way to the sleeping girl and, with a grunt, kneeled down next to her. He gently brushed her brunette hair out of her face and spoke in a soft voice, "Time to wake up baby girl."

A small sound came from her before she rubbed her eyes. "Daddy..?"

"Good morning, Sweetie. I was about to make breakfast, come on."

The little girl sat up and reached her arms up, signally that she wanted to be picked up. Ben sighed, knowing that doing so would be difficult, and held his arms out for her to get between. A short while later, he managed to stand up with her situated on his side, head leaning against his shoulder.

"Comfy?" Ben's smile showed in his voice.

"M'hmm."

"Good." He smiled a bit wider and carried the girl downstairs where a very impatient Sadie was waiting.

"What toook wou sooo wooong."

"I had to get your sister. You wouldn't want her to miss breakfast, would you?"

The girl on the floor pouted, "No..."

"Now," he placed the older twin on the floor, "let's go make something to eat."