Nerves

Prompt (why are they all so long lately xD): Imagine person A of your OTP is about to meet person B's parents for the first time. A has been nervous all day, grooming themselves, trying to make themselves look respectable and worthy of B for their parents. B comes home in the evening to see how nervous A is, and kisses them and messes up their hair/untucks their shirt/just generally does something to make A look more like A, reassuring them because it was the real A that they fell in love with, and A that they want their parents to meet.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ian opened the door and let his boyfriend in. Ben had arrived a few minutes early and Ian's single mother wasn't quite ready yet. Though, as Ian laid eyes on his lover, he realized that the extra time would be needed.

The gelled hair and tucked in shirt that he was currently sporting was in no way Ben's style. With a small smile Ian walked up to the smaller and placed a hand on his lower back. His smile widened at the look of shock the other had as he ran his other hand through his hair until it was messy as usual.

Ian moved his hands to untuck the shirt and ran his hands up the smaller's chest before unbuttoning the top button. He rolled up the sleeves to Ben's elbows and took a step back.

"There." Ian couldn't help but to let out a laugh as he said the word. Ben's face showed nothing but confusion and shock - it was priceless.

Once he calmed down, the older spoke again, "You look more like yourself now. I don't need to trying to be fancy or anything for this, you're perfect just the way you are." He pressed a kiss to Ben's forehead and slipped one of his hands into one of the smaller's.

Ian lead Ben to the couch and sat down. "You're going to do great. I'm sure she'll love you," Ian smirked, "But not nearly as much as I do." He picked up one of Ben's hands a pressed a kiss to the back of it.

Ben blushed and finally spoke through his nerves, "I-Ian..."

The other just laughed, "Why are you so cute when you're nervous?"

"I-Ian!" Ben's blush was dark and he was obviously embarrassed.

"What?" As the older responded, he pulled the other into his lap, earning a squeak from the smaller.

"L-let me go!" Ben squirmed and struggled to get free before the other's mother saw them, but Ian just held him tighter.

"Nope," the older pressed a kiss to his lover's lips, "I'm not letting you go until you're not nervous anymore."

"Wha-" He cut Ben off with another kiss and moved his hands to the smaller's back.

"You have no reason to be scared," Ian rubbed soothing circles onto the smaller's back as he spoke in a calming voice. Ben relaxed in his arms and slightly leaned against his chest. "Good. Don't you feel better now?"

"M'hmm..." Ian smiled at the answer and moved one hand to play with Ben's hair. The smaller sighed as he relaxed more. Ian could almost feel the anxiety and nerves melt away as his boyfriend fully leaned against him and calmed down.

A happily mumbled, 'I love you' made Ian smile.

"I love you too, Baby," he mumbled the words back before pressing a small kiss to Ben's cheek. The younger smiled at the action and sat up a bit so that Ian could kiss his lips. When they pulled away Ben noticed something out of the corner of his eye and froze as he blushed hard.

Where the hallway met the living room, stood a dark haired woman in a simple, light blue dress.

Suddenly very embarrassed, Ben tried to get off Ian's lap, but the older just held him in place as he turned toward the woman. "Mom, this is Ben, my boyfriend."

Ian's mother smiled before speaking in a sweet voice, "Nice to meet you, Ben. Ian's told me an awful lot about you over the years." She laughed a bit as she finished talking.

Ben blushed and just stared, too nervous to speak.

Ian smiled at his reaction and spoke, "He's kinda scared about all this." He rubbed his lover's back again to calm him.

The woman nodded in understanding and let a moment pass as Ben relaxed and gathered up enough courage to speak, "H-hi..."

Ian's mother smiled at the stutter and shook her head, "Let the boy down Ian, you're making him more flustered than he already is."

Ben silently thanked the woman with a nod as his lover pouted and let him climb off of his lap.

A moment later, Ben was sitting next to Ian and speaking well enough that they were able to have proper conversations, including where Ben was from and how he and Ian had met.

As the day went on, they found themselves laughing and having fun, despite the uncomfortable beginning. Sure, things may have started out awkward, but over time they'd grow closer - like the big, happy family they would one day be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

765 words! Kinda short, but still sweet!

Tbh I kind of rushed this one...

Hope you enjoyed!

Requests always open!!

~Angel ^-^