7

Rose POV
"What's this?" Mr. Kim asked as I set down the lunch box in his table. It was already past two o'clock and he hadn't come out of his office. He had no meetings today so he took the opportunity to stay locked up in his office and finish his work.

"I packed you a lunch." I smiled. "Oh, really?" He smiled tilting his head to the side. He reached for the bag opening it and examining the content inside. "Wha! Did you buy this?"

"No, I actually made it." I rubbed my arm awkwardly laughing. "Wow, Rose-ssi, I'm very thankful for this." He continued observing the food. "Mr.Kim let's go outside and eat lunch together." He slowly lifted his head. "Outside?" I nod my head smiling. "It's really gloomy in this room and you've been working nonstop. It's nice to get some fresh air once in a while no?" I tilted my head to the side hoping he'll agree. "I suppose.."

"Don't worry there's an open table outside where no one is, it won't be as hectic, you can enjoy your lunch in peace. What do you say?" He looked around staring at few piles of paper and then closed his eyes to think.

He's gonna say no..

"Alright, but only for 30 minuets." He checked his watch and stood up. My face lit up with joy. "Yes sir!" He chuckled as he followed me down the hallway bringing his lunch package with him.

••

"Ah, this weather feels nice." Mr.Kim commented taking a spoon full of rice into his mouth. I smiled seeing the sight.  "I'm glad you like it sir." I placed a piece of kimchi in my mouth struggling to get the whole thing to fit. "Thank you for this Rose, I appreciate the concern." He smiled

"Of course, I just hope I wasn't a bother to you."

"It's fine. You're right, it's nice to get a different scenery once in a while and refresh yourself. That's the best thing to do when you're stressed. The mind works like that you know, it can't always be under constant pressure or it'll give up and you'll be under massive concern." He continued to rant on about the human brain. I munched in my lunch watching him get passionate about the topic.

"I never got a chance to ask you before, how's work going? Is it what you were hoping for?" He asked taking a sip from his soup. " Well, yes. I like it so far, there's a lot of work but I'm sure I'll manage to settle into it. I have a great boss so help me after all." His eyes narrowed.

"Are you trying to suck up to me? Did you break something? Is that why you're doing all of this? It's ok to break something, trust me I've done it plenty of times but we have money to fix it so just tell me straight up." I chuckled. "I didn't break anything. And I'm being genuine, I swear."

"Hmm..Alright but, if something is wrong please tell me so I can help you." I smiled lazily "Of course."

••

I watched as Mr.Kim started finishing the food. Once we were done, I packed the containers away and we walked back to the office. As we walked, employees smiled and bowed to Mr.Kim. Somehow I felt really proud of the employees and the CEO. Just being in this company overall...

••

I leaned back on my chair and stretched my arms out. 6:00 pm already. I've been here for an hour longer then I should be. I still have that large stack of papers to finish from last week that was assigned to me and those two women, not to mention today's work. I yawned as I quickly looked through the work. "Hmm...I guess I can stay a few more hours." I opened Mr. Kim's office door.

It was a bit messy. He had gone home for the day. His desk was full of piles of papers covering almost every inch of the desk. He must be under a lot of stress. I placed a complete stack of papers he had asked me to complete on top of his desk. With that I headed back to my desk and continued my work.

••

"Ah, I need the editing department to look over this." I groaned.

Why didn't I think of this earlier.

I headed to the hallway toward the offices, hoping I could find someone that's still here. The sun was already setting, emitting the orange sunlight from the window of the editing department.

Near that window sat one man typing away on him computer. "Thank you..." I said to myself. I opened the door and went toward his cubicle. "Excuse me, do you have a second?"

He typed up his last word and looked to me. I was a bit hesitant because the last time I tried to work with or even talk with those two women from the editing department they went off on me.

"I'm sorry to disturb you so late, but I have submissions for you." I held out my pile to him. He slowly reached and takes the stack, looking over what I had filled out. "I'll file these up for you." He smiled. "Thank you so much..um"

"Park Jimin."

"Jimin, nice to meet you, I'm Park Rose."

"You're the new assistant right?"

"Yea. I'm sorry I didn't properly meet all the departments yet."

"It's fine. You seem to be working hard huh?" He smiled. He looks really cute. "I suppose." I laughed.

"Do you wanna go across the street to the cafe place? I'll buy."

"Hmm..well if you're buying..." He laughed.

I grabbed my purse from my little desk and we both headed down our building and across the street to the store. Once we ordered Jimin handed the cashier his credit card. "Wait you're really paying? I don't mind paying for my coffee." I reached into my purse and pulled out my card but before I could give it to the cashier Jimin pushed my hand back and told the girl to proceed using his card.

"I already promised you so it's fine."

We sat down at a table near by as we waited for our drinks to be prepared.

"So how's work going? Any trouble?" He asked resting his head on his hand. "Mm, not really. I'm still adjusting."

"Makes sense. You're still new." He smiled. "Just be careful some of the people in there. They tend to think they have authority over anyone they want, especially rookies." Jimin points out.

"Oh I've met two of those." I rolled my eyes.

"Really? What department?"

"Editing actually."

"Hmm. Did one of them have caramel colored hair?" He asked "Yea."

"Ah, I know exactly who you're talking about. That's Sonmi and I'm guessing she was with another girl."

"Yea"

"Camin. Her and Sonmi are just like that. Don't let them get to you. They bother every rookie." he rolled his eyes. "What'd they do?"

"Just piling on my work load." I answered. He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "I don't know when they'll ever learn to stay in their place. Last time, our manager caught them goofing around and threatened to tell Mr. Kim. Ah I loved that day. They begged for 20 minuets for him to let them slide." He smiled, I laughed along.

"If they go too far. I'll deal with them for you." He winked smiling. I chuckled.

Moments later the cashier called out our drinks. Once we both collected the cups I thanked him for the drink. We both headed back up to our offices having small chats about this and that. He's actually really easy to talk to.

••

9:00 pm

I checked my phone for the time. Let me just do two more papers. My stack still remained on top of my desk. I hate those devils.

I leaned my head back remembering the two women. Thinking of them reminded me of what Jimin told me. Imagining them on their knees begging brought a smile to my face. Just then there was a knock.

"Hey, I'm heading out. Are you gonna stay?" I looked up to see Jimin smiling, leaning against my desk.

"Oh, Jimin! Yea I'll just do a few more." I said rubbing the back of my neck. "Alright don't over work yourself. Bye." He waved and left.

"Bye."