17

Rose POV
"I'll be right back with my folder sir." I say to Mr.Kim as I walk back to my desk. I quickly gathered my stuff from my table to get ready for the monthly meetings we were supposed to have today. The office phone on my desk lit up and Mr.Kim's voice rang.

"Rose can you grab and red folder on top of my desk in my office? I forgot to bring it." He said. "Of course sir." I finished putting my stuff in a pile on my desk and went to open the door.

I checked my watch for the time and looked up but immediately stopped....

There was a man standing behind Mr.Kim's desk. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Excuse me, what're you doing in here?" The man looked me straight in the eye planing his next moves.

"Ah, I was looking for Mr.Kim." He rubbed the back of his neck. "Everyone is at the monthly meeting. Do you work here?" I asked coming closer.

"I do. I had some sketches I wanted Mr.Kim to look over. I guess I didn't check my schedule, I didn't know the meeting was right now." He smiled innocently. My furrowed eyebrows dropped. "You should head to the meeting now Mr..."

"Evens. Nice to meet you." He smiled. "Likewise. I'll see you in the conference room." He nodded an headed out the door. I stared at it for a while but shook my head and turned toward Mr.Kim's desk.

Everything seemed to be in place. I spotted the red folder and grabbed it making my way out the door. I stopped at my desk to take my organized pile with me.

"Wait where's my phone? I put it right her-" My office phone beeped again. "Rose, are you finished, I'm waiting for my folder."

"Yes, I have it. I'm sorry, I'm heading here now." Grabbing my pile I rush to the conference room. I bow and apologize. Soon the meeting starts and I start taking notes like a normal meeting. My eyes begin to wonder, they stop on a familiar black haired man.

He smiled at me once our eyes meet, I couldn't help but let a smile crawl on my face. Jimin motioned with his eyes how sleepy he was listening to the presentation. I huffed a laugh and tried to pay attention.

That's when I noticed a brown haired male in the front of the room. That was the guy in Mr.Kim's room. He was taking notes in a journal. Hmm..he seems legit.

Maybe I was over reacting. With final thoughts leaving my head I continued to write my notes.

After the meeting had concluded, everyone left. Jimin and I glanced a bye to each other as he left the room. Mr.Kim took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair. "You did well sir." I say smiling. He looks to me and smiles allowing his dimples to show.

"You as well, Rose." He says my name slowly making my checks heat up. I quickly look down at my notes. "Uh, we should head back."

Once I was settled back in my desk I patted my checks. I looked at my desk reimagining what had happened. I felt my checks heat up again. I paused when I noticed a familiar black and white phone case.

"Ah, my phone. I guess I must've overlooked it." I need some work, I feel like I'm getting too paranoid. I sighed and got up to go to the break room and get myself a cup of tea. But just as I placed my foot down I felt something on the thin sole of my heels.

I stepped back and looked down at it. It was a cufflet button. "Huh, is this one of mine?" I picked it up and examined. It looks like the one from my coats. "Did I loose it?" Now that I look at it I feel like a lot of my coats have this designed button in it. I placed it in my drawer and walked off to the break room. I guess I hadn't noticed it fall off.

••
Next Day
"Ready for the meeting?" Mr. Kim asked as he came out of his office fixing his tie. I stood up grabbing my tablet and binder.

We were having a meeting with the snakes, Dean Incorporations themselves. Mr. Kim looked down at me as I stared blankly at the floor. "Nervous?" He asked

"Actually, I'm confused."

"What about?"

"I don't know, the fact that you're going to have a meeting with a CEO that tried to ruin you."

"Ah, you must've heard the rumors." How could I not the entire building was talking about this just today. "Are you comfortable with going to this meeting sir?"

"Well, I'm a CEO. I'll have to deal with these kinds of things someday."

••

"Hey Namjoon. Nice to see you again." The man shook Mr.Kim's hand. He looked towards me and a larger smile started to grown on his face. "A new face I see. And what might your name be?" He asked. "Park Rose, Nice to meet you." I bow as I introduce myself.

"I'm Maxwell Helth, hope we get to know each other in the future." He stuck out his hand for me to shake, being polite I took his hand firmly into mine. I couldn't understand how he never felt guilty about stealing especially in his position. He should feel pathetic for needing to stoop that low, for what, a rank?

His smile annoyed me but I had to pretend like I was ok making eye contact with him. He paused and stared at my hand. "Oh? You have one of our designer coats." I look down at my coats and to his one to see that the cufflets were the same.

"Almost everyone in the company gets this kind of coat, makes it seem like you're working here huh?" He laughed but I didn't think it was very funny.

I sat next to Mr.Kim as he talked with Mr.Helth. I noticed that every chance he got he would take a glance at me and smile. However, I was mostly preoccupied taking notes and noticing how professional Mr.Kim behaved during the meeting. I mean if it was me that was the CEO, I wouldn't step foot in this building or even go near him. But here we are.

I started flipping through the binder as Mr.Kim was talking, when I saw my tablet light up. Then again, and again. It only does that when articles are being posted. I was used to it but this was getting annoying. I apologized and went to check what all the fuss was about.

My eyes widened seeing the screen. "Is everything ok Rose?" I hesitate to show him but ultimately realize that hiding it won't do much good. I slowly pass him he tablet. He scrolls through, his eye brows knitted together.

"Is something the matter?" Mr.Helth asked with what looks like genuine concern. Whether it was real or not I couldn't tell. "Hmm, it seems that we might have to cut this meeting shorter then we expected." Mr.Kim said, still scrolling though the articles.

"Oh? Is everything alright?" He asked again. Mr.Kim rose his read and smiled. "It seems an issue has come up in our company. No need to worry."

He looked down and his watch. "Do you think we could reschedule this meeting?"

"Of course Namjoon." We quickly packed up and headed to the elevator. I took one last glance in front of me as the elevator door closed. I saw Mr.Helth standing a few feet away waving. I got an uneasy feeling, like our calm days in the office we're going to be over.