22

Rose POV
Something about that man caught my eye, a brown headed male that seemed familiar. "Have I seen this man befor-?"

"Rose.."

I whipped my head back to see Mr.Kim. "Oh Mr.Kim, sorry I saw a picture of when you were young and wanted to see more." I said nervously slowly setting down the photo in my hand back to the way it was and pointing to the other family photo he had right next to the one flipped down.

"Ah..I see." He walked closer looking at the photo I pointed to and started looking around the room at the pictures.

He stared smiling looking at a photo of him in his younger days laughing along with an older man. "Is that your father?"

He nods. "Those were very happy memories.."

"You must be very close with him."

"I was..he passed away from a heart attack a few years ago.."

"Oh..I'm sorry for mentioning a sensitive topic.."

"It's ok, you didn't know about it." He says turning to me, giving a weak smile and goes back to looking at the photo.

"Sir, are you ok?"

"Yea, just the rise of nostalgia." He sighed and stared off for a few seconds.

"Let's start heading out we're already late." He turned back to me and smiled. I frowned seeing that I had deeply dropped his mood.
••

I parked the car outside the building where the meeting was to be held. "Are you sure you're up for the meeting sir?"

He nods. "Why do you ask?"

"It's just, I feel like I moved you into an emotional state." I lowered my head regretting looking around his house at all.

"Rose, those are normal things that you shouldn't concern yourself with. It's a normal state of grief that everyone goes through."

"Still I wish there's a way I can make it up to you..." I see him smile from the corner of my eye. "How about you get me a coffee to wake me up for the meeting, now that would be amazing right now." I look up at him and nod.

We walked into the building and started setting up in the conference room for the meeting. While waiting I leaned toward Mr.Kim and excused myself to get his coffee.

We passed by Jinyoung's coffee shop while coming here. My plan was to go there since Mr.Kim likes their coffee.

I got in the car and quickly drove to the shop. I stepped inside looking around for a familiar face. I soon spotted a male wiping down the tables with a cloth.

A smile took over my face and I walked toward the figure. "Jinyoung-ah." He turned around, a smile covering his face as soon as he saw me.

"Hey you, haven't seen you in a while." He came in for a hug which I happily returned. "Did you get laid off and have come to work for me?" He asks.

"Yah, I'm not that bad."

"Seemed like you would be bad, seeing that you couldn't serve your consumers, especially that one CEO dude." I playfully hit his arm and pout.

"So why'd you really come?"

"To order coffee of course."

"Oh really? Not to skip work?" I send him a glare. "I'm kidding, so what's the order?"

"One Iced Caramel Macchiato please." I look down after making the order, I glanced down noticing the sweets.

"Oh are these fresh?"