8

Rose POV
"Good morning Mr. Kim." I opened the door to his office. Once I was close enough I placed the cup of coffee on his desk. "Ah, thank you Rose-ssi." He looked up and smiled. His eye bags were clearly visible. It was obvious that he must have stayed up all night.

"Sir, what time did you sleep?"

"Mm? Uh, maybe around 5? Why?"

"You look exhausted."

"I'm fine." He smiled.

"Mr. Kim, I can see you don't look fine at all. Why don't you take a nap on the couch. I'll wake you if someone comes looking for you."

"I'm really fine."

"Please.." I gave him a sad look. I could see a guilty look form on his face. "If it'll settle your mind..alright." I smiled in delight. He walked to his couch laying down, still with good posture and closed his eyes. I stare for a while until my phone vibrates in my pocket.

Incoming Text
•My Nagging other mother•

Hey dumb dumb you didn't come home yesterday I waited for like 3 hours how dare you leave a handsome face waiting:(

I sighed and responded back to him. My eyes went back to Mr.Kim. Will he fall? He's entire figure turned sideways as he shuffled around trying to find a comfortable position. "Hmm.."

I go back to my desk and grab my laptop that was inside the drawer and went back into his office, making sure I don't wake him up.

I quietly walk to the couch across from where he was sleeping and sat down starting my work.

~~

I stare at his dyed blond hair that was now covering his right eye. I jumped as I felt my phone vibrate. I shook my head, I've been staring at him for 5 minutes now.

'Rose what's wrong with you?! You need to be professional! He's your boss idiot!'

I can't work here. I closed my laptop and headed black to my desk. I'm never gonna finish my work if I stay.

••

I looked at my watch and checked the time.

2:00 pm

He's been sleep for 4 hours now. He must be really tired. "Hmm." The company cafeteria's still open, I should at least get him something to eat. I walked down to the cafeteria and asked the lunch lady to pack it into a container.

After collecting a bag she gave me with all the containers of food, I walked toward the exit. I spotted a basket full of fruit near the door. Quickly I grabbed an apple and headed back up.

Placing the apple on my desk I walked into Mr. Kim's office. I placed the containers out on his coffee table and opened them preparing them for him.

Once I was done I walked over to Mr. Kim. His mouth was slightly opened, I chuckled at the scene. I placed a hand on his shoulder and shook him a little.

"Mr. Kim, Mr. Kim you should wake up now." After a few minuets of attempting to wake him up, he finally sat up and stretched his arms keeping his eyes closed.

I grabbed the bottle of water the lunch lady had packed and opened it as Mr. Kim adjusted to the view in front of him. "What's this.." His raspy voice caused a small shiver to go up my spine. "It's past two, you should have some lunch."

"How long was I out?"

"A few hours. Don't worry there wasn't anything serious that came up, just the usual submission of work." I smiled.

"Ah, really..?" He rubbed his eyes and yawned.

"Mhm. I'll get going now, please finish your meal." I bowed and headed back to my desk to finish my work.

••

I checked my watch. 6:00 already. I sighed and stretched my arms. I don't have a lot left but I still need to get this all done by tomorrow. "Ugh.."

Just then the doors of Mr. Kim's office opened. I quickly stood up.

"I'm heading out Rose. Call me if there's anything." He said.

"Yes sir."

After he left I spent a few minutes planning out the rest of my night. I finally made up my mind. I'm gonna go home, pack some stuff for an all nighter and come back to get everything done with before morning comes.

"Alight..let's do this Rose!"

I quickly headed home and packed up some clothes, just in case and a lunch bag with a few snacks.

Once I enter the building, I tried to avoid the security so I wouldn't have to answer to them about why I was back here and so late as well.

I rode the elevator up to the office and set down my stuff on my desk. I yawned and went to Mr. Kim's office, making sure everything was in check.

Nothing unusual.

Just piles of papers. Looking at them gives me a head ache. I went back to my chair and logged into my computer.

Work time.

A few hours had passed and my eyes were becoming heavier and heavier by the second. I patted my checks to try and keep myself awake. "Come on only a few more."

••
12:37 am

I'll just put my head down for a few minutes. Only 10 more files...it'll be fine...

I yawned as I put my head down on the table.

••

CRASH

I jolted my head up at the loud noise. "What was that?!" I whispered to myself. I shook my head closing my eyes.

Maybe I'm just hearing things. Or it was in a dream. The commotion of the sound seemed to give my body a rush of energy. I took the chance and tried to focus back on my work.

I started working again, but just then, in the dead quiet, I heard papers being spread and stepped on. I knitted my eyebrows.

Wait..was that crash real?

There was more rustling, all these sounds were coming from one place.

Mr. Kim's office.

I looked toward his door.

Did someone break in? No way... there's  no way.. I've been here the entire time they couldn't have gotten past me.

But I did fall asleep. I would've herd them opening the door right.

I slowly stand up and look for a weapon. Why didn't I bring a bat with me from home??

I grab my hand bag and try to find things I can put inside to make it heavier. Grabbing my phone I slowly approach the door and open it with caution.