10

Rose POV

The crowd around us clapped as Mr.Kim cut the ribbon to open the band new facility for his clothing brand. There were a few around the town but this was the main one that we were broadcasting.

The company had been working on this project before I even came and now all of the work had paid off.

"RM Cooperation has officially launched its stores" Mr. Kim cheered. "Thank you to everyone that contributed to this project, it wasn't easy but I'm extremely proud of all of our company for all the work they have done for us to get here. Please continue looking forward to our products, we'll continue to reach for the top!!"

The few employees that were present cheered and clapped as the reporters joined. After the small ceremony was over, the small crowd gathered inside taking as much footage as they could.

I stood by the entrance with Mr.Kim greeting anyone that would come in. I was fine with this except for the fact that I chose to wear my tight heels today. I'm an idiot I didn't realize that we'd be standing for this long.

The back of the heel felt like it was digging into my skin. I would occasionally take my foot out of the shoe and free it from it's suffocating location.

After a few minutes passed Mr.Kim walked off to talk with some reporters. I continued greeting anyone who would come in trying to hide the pain in my foot.

I thought the crowd would die out in a few minutes but it only got bigger as schools was let out, students came in looking around the store.

I quietly groaned as they passed me. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned around to see Mr.Kim.

"Follow me." He said smiling. He turned and started walking toward the back of the store, I followed behind.

Once we were away from the crowd of people, we walked into an employee break room. He motioned to a chair that was pulled out. "Sit down." I proceeded to follow his instructions.

He walked to a cupboard and pulled out a first aid kit. He walked over to me and crouched down.

Taking my foot he slid my heel off my foot. "Mr.Kim! What're you doing?!" I tried to stop him holding his shoulders.

"Rose—" he stopped what he was doing and held my arms taking them off his shoulders. "You can tell me if you're tired or hurt. Just because I'm your boss doesn't mean I don't care about you."

He let go of me and took both my heels off. "See, you're bleeding." I look down at my ankles to see that the back of them both had blood coming out of them.

Mr.Kim took out two small alcohol wipes and bandages. "This might sting a little.." I shut my eyes as the wipe touched my exposed skin.

"Done." He caresses his hand on the back of my ankle after putting on a bandage and slowly looks up letting it go. "In the future if you need to take a rest, tell me." He gets up, his eyes not leaving mine for a second.

He puts the first aid kit back and heads for the exit. "Stay in here for the rest of today. I'll come get you when I'm leaving." He says turning back, I nod my head.

What was that? He was so close and his fingers touching...my skin just...

Stop! Rose!! I pat my face trying restrain my thoughts.

••

"Rose, let's go." I put my heels on and slowly stood up. "Are you gonna be ok walking?" Mr. Kim asks standing my the door frame.

"I'll be ok." I smile. We got into his mini limo and rode back to the company. "Schedule a company dinner for Friday." Mr.Kim said, I took out my phone and wrote a reminder for myself. As I was about to finish my phone started vibrating notifying me that someone was calling.

I looked at the caller ID and was surprised to see that it was actually Jimin. I excused myself from Mr.Kim and took the call.

Jimin? What's wrong?

Listen I need help, I'm at the store in Bucheon. There's a store owner here making a fuss. He's wants to meet with the CEO.

Do you want me to ask-

Can you come down here?

Me?

Mr.Kim and I aren't in the best terms with each other. It's gonna be weird if I call him. So can you come?

..ok I guess

Thank you Rose, you're a life saver.

He hung up the call. "If you didn't like him you should've left." I grumbled to myself. "What was that?" I turn to see Mr.Kim who stared at me. "Oh it's nothing...Mr.Kim do you think you can drop me off at Bucheon? A friend of mine is down there and needs help."

Well it wasn't really a lie. But to be honest I did not wanna go downtown my feet were already hurting from my heels. But I'll have to bear with it.

He agreed and informed the driver. Once we reached Bucheon, I got off and told Mr.Kim that I would come back to the office in an hour or so. He seemed a bit confused but he agreed.

I quickly found directions to the store which by the way took almost forever since it was just new and hadn't really been put into the GPS system. I could barely find it's address.

I roamed around for a few minutes until I found Jimin who was waving for me to come over. "Hurry!" He called.

I quickly walked closer to him and asked what's going on. "The owner of the shop next door was saying the cashier was rude and disrespectful. Then he complained that the costumers were being too loud."

"That's the big emergency?"

"He wouldn't back off until I called the manager. He threatened to call the police, I panicked ok?" I sighed. "Alright let me go meet him." Jimin walked me to the store next door and called out for the man. "Sir, I brought the manager."

"Well it's about time." He yelled back. A few seconds later an older man with a limp came out. He held onto his black cane for support. "Hello sir, I'm told that our store is causing a disturbance to you."

"It sure is. And this brat here did nothing about it." He said pointing his cane at Jimin. "I'm sorry if it's causing you trouble, I'll try to get them to keep the volume low."

"Pft, Yea right you people don't know respect. You're only saying that. You know that cashier of yours? He's one of the rudest I've meet. You! Go get him out here." He pointed at Jimin with his cane motioning it to the store. Jimin quickly went in to fetch the cashier.

Once they both arrived, the cashier bowed greeting me. I bowed back and turned my attention back to the old man.

"Hmph! Look at you acting all high and mighty because your boss is here!" He huffed out glaring at the cashier, the cashier just looked down appearing uncomfortable at the situation.

"Would you mind telling me what happened?" I asked.

"Oh I'll tell you what..I was trying to make a phone call outside and he asked me if I knew how to use it! What kind of disrespectful brats do you hire these days?! Then he asked me if I needed help going back to my store! I'm perfectly fine with going by myself! I don't need some brat trying to control me and what I do!" The man ranted his face getting slightly more red from anger.

"I'm sorry to hear that. But I think you misunderstood what he was saying. I'm sure he was just offering help because you looked like you were struggling." I smiled softy hoping he would understand.

"Oh! So just because I'm old you assume I can't do anything!? I'll show you!" He went back into his store and put his cane down and came back out with what seemed like a bucket of water...