23

Rose POV
I rang buzzer of Mr.Kim's apartment. We started to hang out a lot more after that lunch we had together. When I told Jin about our lunch all he would say was

"That was totally a date, how can you be so dense to not realize that?"

Whatever, that pinhead says all sorts of stupid things. And besides, if I start thinking like that I would put this job in danger for myself. But was it wrong to feel the butterflies in my stomach as I climbed the stairs to his unit?

The door soon opened and I was met with Mr.Kim's smiling face. "Hey, I didn't realize that you would be here this fast." He chuckles as he fixes his tie. "Come sit down we can have breakfast and leave." He welcomed me inside and went to finish getting his suit cleaned up. "There's some toast on the table, have some." He yelled from his room. I walked into the kitchen to see some toast on a plate with butter and jam containers beside it. I put my bag down on a nearby chair and search for a butter knife. Once I found one I spread the butter and jam and finish preparing breakfast.

"Did you eat yet-" He stopped as he smoothed out his shirt. "Ah, sorry I didn't finish preparing it."

"It's fine, it's not like it was a big job." He walked closer. "There should be some juice or milk in the fridge." He opened his fridge going through the things inside.

"You don't cook a lot I assume." I say peeking into his fridge to see a bunch of packaged food. "Well, let's just say I'm not the best chief out there."

I look toward him and chuckle. "There might be something else you might be struggling with too." He looked at me confused and I pointed at his crooked tie. "Oh shoot, I was trying to get ready so fast, I guess I didn't notice." He walked to the counter with the cranberry juice and milk in his hand. "Here, let me." I walked to him and took a hold of his tie, loosening it. As I fixed his tie, I felt his eyes on me. I glanced up to see him smiling. My cheeks began to turn red. "What is it?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking it would be nice if it was like this every morning." I finished with his tie and took a step back. "What do you mean by that?"

He was about to answer when his phone started to ring. He glanced at me and back at his phone. He reluctantly pulled it out of his pocket to answer. "Hello..ah yes..alright...I'll be in the office by 8..Alright talk to you then."

He looked at me after hanging up the call. "We should leave soon."

••

"So what are the updates?" Mr.Kim asks flipping through the packet he was handed in the monthly meeting we were having today. "The stores in Goyang are almost done preparing and are going to launch in about a week."

"Good...What about the money transfer situation, did anyone find out who where the money was sent from or who sent it?" He asked folding his arms.

"We're still working on it sir, but we seem to be getting close, there are a few more firewalls we are trying to get through."

"Alright, let's get rid of this problem before we start launching the stores in different areas since Goyang was already getting finished when this appeared we'll let them finish over there, but until we solve this problem, we're gonna freeze any other advancements." The others around the table nod and we soon move on with the meeting.

••

"What's the schedule for today, Rose?" Mr.Kim asks, typing away on his computer. "No meetings besides the monthly one we just had, but you do have a few appointments to look over release forms."

"Tell them to hold those." I nod and continue. "Oh, you also received an invitation for you, plus one to a dinner party hosted by a Ms.Ailee Lee."

"Is it that time of the year already?" His eyes widened as he glances at the calendar on his desk. "Should I confirm her invitation?" I asked.

"Mmm...I suppose so, I barely see her anymore." I felt my heart slightly drop, I was questioning this since I know who was hosting the party, she was one of the most popular female designers in the field, and incredibly gorgeous. I've never really been jealous of her until now. "Should I confirm your plus one as well?" I ask. "When is it?"

"17th of August."

"Mmm, we're both off that day, confirm the plus one."

"Ok.  Wait what!" I look up at him and he looks back with a clueless. "What?"

"A-are you asking me to be your plus one?" He stared blankly at me. "That's the plan.."

"Mr.Kim! I can't go with you this is a formal family-friend party, I have no status for that."

"Well it's my choice who my plus one is, and I'm sure Ailee will be fine with that."

"I-I don't want to go."

"Why not?"

"W-well..you didn't even ask me..shouldn't I get a proper invitation."

"Alright then.." He got up and approached me. He reached for my hand and held it gently. "Would you like to be my plus one to this party?"

My cheeks immediately turned the darkest red it could turn. "Mr.Kim.." I looked towards the floor. "What? I thought you wanted a formal invitation, this is the invitation. So what do you say?"

"I-I mean..I don't know. Isn't this gonna be weird for you to show up to this with your assistant as your plus one?"

"Well you'll be coming as my friend. Solves all you problems right?" He smiles and heads back to his chair. "I-you're not gonna take no as an answer are you?"

"Nope." I sighed slightly smiling.

••

A/N: How are we already at over 3k?????
How???
Thank you guys so much for readinggg
please don't forget to vote