11

Rose POV
"I'm sorry to hear that. But I think you misunderstood what he was saying. I'm sure he was just offering help because you looked like you were struggling." I smiled softy hoping he would understand.

"Oh! So just because I'm old you assume I can't do anything!? I'll show you!" He went back into his store and put his cane down and cane back out with what seemed like a bucket of water. My cautious expression now turned into a slightly panicked one.

I used my hands to block the water coming my way. I heard the splash but only felt the right of my leg and top get wet.

I opened my eyes to see what happened and my eyes widened. "Mr. Kim! What're you doing here?!" He was facing the man and had blocked the water from hitting me.

"Great another one!" The old man sighed with annoyance. "Oh my god! Gramps! What're you doing?!" He looked down the street to see a young girl in about her twenties running up to us with bags full of groceries.

She put her bags down and took the pale away from her grandfather. "I'm so sorry sir!" She looked at Mr. Kim and started bowing. "Why are you apologizing? I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Grandpa, was it that bad that you had to throw water a someone?!" The girl looked toward her Grandfather and waited for an answer. "Yes!" He yells

The girl sighed then turned back to Mr.Kim. "Please come inside, I'll give you a towel to dry off."

••

We sat on a few chairs that the girl had pulled out for us. Jimin sat next to me looking down.

"I'm glad we got this misunderstanding cleared up." Mr.Kim smiled at the girl and her grandfather who seemed a lot more satisfied with this conclusion.

Somehow I felt really guilty. I mean it wasn't my fault that we were in this situation..directly.

But I felt that I let him down. I couldn't handle this small problem. Not just Mr.Kim but also Jimin. He told me not to get Mr.Kim involved yet here he is.

Now that I think about it how did he even find out? I didn't tell him. Did he follow me out here? No, he has better things to do..

Maybe the cashier called him?

"We'll be taking our leave now." Mr.Kim stood up, I stood up after him. "Ah, already? Why don't you stay a bit longer, I'll make some tea." The girl we had met before smiled.

"That's very kind of you but I think we better get going."

"Oh, I see..well I'm sorry for any trouble we've caused." She bowed deeply as her grandfather taking a smaller bow not really feeling as sorry as she was.

"It's fine, I understand why it caused a problem for you. We should get going now, but feel free to contact me if any other problem come up again." He took out a business card and gave it to the girl.

••

"Jimin, I want you in my office after we get back.." We were walking to a parking lot near by where Mr.Kim's chauffeur said he would be. I heard Jimin sigh in irritation. I felt the guilt again.

I'm sorry Jimin

Once we made it back, Mr. Kim told me to stay in his office with Jimin so he could hear my side of what happened. Once Jimin had arrived he sat down, across from Mr.Kim next to me. We both looked down at our lap. I could feel that Jimin had an angry aura around him. I feel the lump in my throat..

"Now, care to explain what happened, Jimin? Why did you try to handle this when I specifically gave you instructions to only take orders from me?" Mr. Kim started.

"Don't you remember my policy for you-"

"I don't need a reminder." Jimin interrupts. I look up to see Mr.Kim sigh in frustration as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Rose..what happened?"

He looked toward me looking trying to keep cool. I've never seen him this upset. Scratch that I've barely seen him angry at all. "W-well, sir..Jimin was only doing his job, he was helping out the store in Bucheon. He ran into a little trouble with the store owner that we met before and called me-"

"So Jimin, you ran into a problem while doing you job. You were told to get in contact with me directly, as I'm told by this certain store owner from our little meeting from before. And rather then calling your boss, which you were suppose to do anyway...you decided to call his assistant so she could bail you out?" Mr.Kim ranted.

I start to feel the tension grow and try to say something. "Mr.Kim into not like that-"

"Rose..this is what Jimin was told to do, that is his job. He should at least be able to carry out one messily instruction right?" He stared intensely at Jimin not taking his eyes off of him as he spoke. Jimin avoided it looking at his lap.

"Are you going to answer me?" Mr. Kim asked

Jimin sighed and looked up at Mr.Kim. "Yup, I used a get out of jail free card. But clearly it didn't work. If you're gonna fire me over this...go ahead." I was shocked to hear what Jimin had said. How can he be so bold in front of his boss?! His boss that could fire him at any moment??

"If we're done here, I'll let myself out, I still have work to finish anyway..." Jimin got up and walked away. I immediately got up wanting to to follow his just to ask if he was in the right state of mind. I mean he just told his boss off. Jimin you idiot. You're begging to be fired..

"Rose. It's fine, don't go after him, he need to cool that thick head of his."

"Mr.Kim, he's not that kind of person. He was only trying to deal with the issue with out causing too much commotion. He was only trying to help you. Please don't fire him. He was just under stress, I'm sure he didn't mean to say all of that." I say hoping that I could some how help Jimin.

Mr. Kim smiled. "Rose it's alright. You don't need to defend him. He's not getting fired." I sigh in relief.

Wait..What??!

An employee just yelled at his bosses face and dare him to fire him, and he's not getting fired??

What?!?

"A-ah. I see, thank you...then I'll take my leave." I bow and head toward the door.

"Wait!" I turn to see Mr.Kim standing. "Ahem..I just wanted to say..please don't hang around Mr.Park anymore. He's not the most trust worthy person and I don't want things like what happened today to occur again."

"...I understand, sir." I turn around again.

"One more thing."

"Yes sir?"

"Are you ok?" I pause for a second. "Ah..yea. I'm fine. Thank you for coming to help us." He smiles. "I have a meeting in two hours with the editing department. Please tell them to be prepared."

"Yes sir.."

••

Sorry for the long wait 🙇‍♀️
Writers block T-T
But if you guys any ideas for this book or ideas in general I would love to hear them! Thank you guys for reading. I love you💕We're already at 300 reads!! HOW?!? AJEGEGEJWV
I love you guys!!
Please vote and comment!!