37

Namjoon POV
I started cleaning up around the kitchen, picking up some plates that I had left out. Just as I finished washing the last plate the door bell rang.

I wiped my hands on a dry kitchen towel and walk towards the door.

"Hey, I brought chicken and beer." The man standing there smiles holding up two plastic bags.

"Hi, Brian." I move to the side, giving him space to come inside.

"So, did Samchon really not send you?" I ask locking the door.

"How many times do I have to tell you? No, he didn't send me, I actually sneaked away. He wanted me to go meet some old man." He says setting the boxes down in the kitchen.

"He's gonna come looking for you." I walk over to him.

"It's fine, I told his assistant tell him I have some 'important work' to do."

"I don't know where you get the balls to do these things." I sighed.

"Mm..I don't care?" He laughs and I let out a chuckle. We used to be really close until I decided I wanted to seriously take over my father's company.

After that, all my time was spent on studying and living up to my fathers standards. He was a loving man but I felt like I've been letting him down ever since I've taken over the company.

"..hey, stop sulking and let's dig in." Brian put his hand on my back handing me a beer. I smile and open it letting the cold beverage run down my throat.

••
3rd POV
The two boys had moved their small party to the living room. They both sat on the floor in front of the coffee table and talked, music playing in the background. Namjoon ended up talking about what had happened today after some convincing from Brian.

Namjoon was slowly becoming drunk, his face had become to get flushed and his words were beginning to slur.

"Namjoon you're so well planned and organized, why are you listening to my dad?"

"You don't get it Brian. He's the only other person I have to look for guidance. Every since my father passed he's been trying to help me. I don't want to let him down."

"Dude, what the fu*k. You are more then capable of running that company by yourself. Look at all these thing that you did! The stock increase, gender neutral clothing promotions, sustainable recourse. You're doing so much even for the next generation." Brian's eyebrows knitted together.

"Tch, and look where all this 'work' has gotten me. Two moles, TWO! I keep messing up.." Namjoon slumped back onto he couch behind him.

"What if Rose is innocent...?" Brian asked

"What? What're you talking about? There's proof, they found evidence about what she did."

"Those haven't been confirmed yet."

"Tch, it doesn't matter. She's even working for Maxwell, she was just playing me." Namjoon takes his empty beer can and grips it tightly in his hand causing it to fold inward.

"..you still like her don't you?" Brian asks softly.

Namjoon stares off, he rolls his tongue against his cheek. He doesn't respond but instead takes a deep breath.

"..no."

Namjoon gets up leaving his crushed can on the table. "I'm heading to bed. You can stay over if you want." He turns around and walks towards his bed.

Brian watches as he goes further into the hallway.

"You're lying."

••
Rose POV
"You must be Ms. Park Rose right? It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Sean Lee." Jin stands in front of me smiling and bows.