85. Your Child Comes Out

requested by fewfandoms

Ashton- "Mom, dad, there's someone I want you to meet." your 16 year old daughter announced as she walked into the house. "This is my girlfriend." she said nervously, moving over to reveal a girl standing next to her. "Oh! Hi! I'm so happy for you guys." Ashton said uneasily. "That's great, honey." you grinned. "I'm sorry for just springing that on you guys, but I knew I needed to tell you." she explained. "Thanks for letting us know... You can be with whoever you want to be with and we'll support you." Ashton smiled. "Thank you." your daughter smiled.

Luke- "Mommy, daddy, I have a boyfriend!" your 4 year old son squealed the minute he saw both of you. "A boyfriend?" Luke asked, raising his eyebrows. "Yeah!" he nodded happily. "What's his name?" you asked. "Oliver. We love each other." your son smiled as he talked. "We'll have him over for a play date soon, okay?" Luke suggested, watching your son's smile become even bigger. "Yay!" he cheered. "Whatever makes him happy." you quietly told Luke, and he nodded in response.

Calum- "What's going on here?" Calum asked angrily as he walked in the front door to see your son and another boy cuddled together on the couch. "D-dad!" your son stuttered, quickly standing up. "What's going on?" he repeated, his eyes darting from your son to the other boy. "This is m-my boyfriend." your son said nervously, gesturing to the boy on the couch. "Oh. Uh, that's great! I was just a little surprised to walk in and see that." Calum mumbled. "Thanks dad." your son said quietly. "If you're happy it's okay with me." Calum shrugged.

Michael- "So I have a girlfriend." your 15 daughter blurted out one day at dinner. "Girlfriend?" Michael asked. "Y-yes." your daughter mumbled. "Like a girl that's more than a friend, like a partner?" Michael asked her. "I guess so." she said quietly. "We just want you to be happy." you told her, flashing her a small grin. "I just thought..." Michael started, a frown on his face. "I-I'm sorry." your daughter whispered, clearly on the verge of tears. "No! Don't apologize! I-I'm glad you're happy." Michael quickly reassured her.