//Baby's purr pt 2\\

"Dad, how much longer until we stop, I'm sleepy

"Dad, how much longer until we stop, I'm sleepy." You asked John while rubbing your tired eyes. You were sitting in the back of the impala next to Sam while Dean sat shotgun as your dad drove. You'd been stuck in the car all day driving from New York to Bobby's place in South Dakota. John had promised to stop for a real bed tonight but since it was one in the morning you had a feeling he wouldn't be stopping.

"Sorry kiddo but I wanna be able to get to Bobby's by tomorrow night; that means we'll be driving all night." John responded.

You let out a sigh and lightly banged your head on the window, "But Dad," You whined, "You said we'd stop at a hotel for a real bed tonight."

"I know I did but we're making good time." Your father replied.

"Yeah but you promised!" You said right back to him.

"Y/N," Dean said in an authoritative voice, "You heard dad, knock it off."

"I'm not talking to you Dean, I'm talking to dad." You sassed back.

"Knock it off Y/N, just go to sleep." John told you in a stern tone.

"But I can't get comfortable!" You whined once more.

"Come here Y/N." Sam softly said to you while lightly grabbing you.
He pulled you down so you were laying your head on his lap and your feet instinctively moved onto the seat next to you so that you were curled up on in the back of the impala.

Sam started to scratch your head which, along with the hum of the impala lolled you to sleep.
Fifteen minutes later and not a single peep had been made from the backseat piqued Dean's interest. He turned around and the sight of you asleep on Sam, Sam's arm protectively around you, melted his heart.

Dean grabbed his jacket and lightly draped it on top of your sleeping form. You readjusted yourself and grabbed onto Dean's jacket, inhaling the scent before falling back into a peaceful sleep.

SPNSPSNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPSPNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPNSPN

The sun shone brightly against Baby's black glistening coat and created a pure warmth in the Impala. Dean was grinning happily, his eyes wrinkled in the corners as he laughed in delight and whistled a perfect tune.

Sam and you both shared freaked out looks, the two of you suspicious and worried about Dean's happy mood. You settled back against the worn leather of Baby and listened to the music that blared through the speakers.

''I'm telling you, Sammy! Nothing like a hunt going well''Dean smirked. He tapped his fingers against the wheel of baby and clacked his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

It wasn't long until the purr of baby sent you into a light sleep. You weren't quite awake but you weren't quite asleep neither. The Impala soon pulled over and Sam swivelled around in his seat to wake you.

He stopped and watched Dean with a impatient face as he waited for him to answer for his actions, wondering why Dean had stopped him.

''It's okay; I'll take her in''Dean whispered. Sam raised a thick brow at his brother before laughing in response.

''Wow, you really are in a good mood, aren't you''Sam chuckled before getting out. Dean made a 'pssh' sound between his lips as he waved his hand at Sam. Climbing out of the Impala Dean turned off the engine and moved around to your side of the car.

The sound of the door opening entered in your ears as warm hands folded under you and pulled you into their chest. You inhaled the familiar scent of your eldest brother as you buried your face into his coat.

SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSP

Sam watched you with worried eyes. The dry blood on his forehead crackled every time his brows knitted together in concern. You had gotten close to one of the victims only to watch them die.

You tried not to cry or be upset but your brothers saw right through your act.

''Whatever. Let's just get back to the motel''You sighed as you dragged yourself to the Impala. It was a bumpy night, a night full of terror and sorrow but the familiar purr of Baby's engine allowed you to relieve some stress and it soothed you into a deep slumber.

Sam and Dean both sat in the car for a while as they stared blankly ahead and bathed in the thick silence.

''you got her or-''Dean started as Sam quickly looked over at his brother who needed many stitches.

''No, I got her. You got get cleaned up''Sam whispered. Dean nodded as he quietly got out of the car with a grunt and limped towards the motel. Sam slowly made his way around to you, his body slumped and defeated as he tried opened your door and sadly gazed at you.

He never wanted you to have any of this, but just like them, you were stuck in this life.
You whimpered in your sleep as Sam's arms hooked under yours and pulled you towards him.

''Shh, hey, it's okay''Sam soothed, pulling you up and into his chest. ''I'm right here, I've got you''he coaxed.

SPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPSPS

''Come onnnnnnnnn, (Y/n)''Dean groaned. He braced a warm palm against the roof of the impala as he dipped down into the back. He eyed you with a irritated glance but a slight secretive look of adoration.

''I know you're awake, anklebiter''Dean hummed amused. ''I'm not carrying you in''
He waited a while, groaning and folding his body when he saw you hadn't moved.

He wasn't an idiot, he saw the uneven pattern of your breathing, how stiff your body was and how you had slight smirk twitching in the corner of your lips.

Dean looked at you for a while before groaning and gently beating his hand on top of the roof.
''Fine. You're a pain in my ass, you know that''he grunted as he picked you up. You sighed in content as you rested your head against his broad shoulder, your fingers gripping his shirt as he carried you back into the motel.