Prologue

Easton

The sun was beaming down as Kai stood in front of me, going on a tangent

The sun was beaming down as Kai stood in front of me, going on a tangent. I was trying hard not to ignore her ass but I really didn't have the time for this shit. She was always nagging a nigga and on my back.

My eyes landed on Santana as she stepped out of her Audi and walked up to her shop. She was tryna act like she wasn't listening but I could see the small smirk on her face.

"Who you doin' then, E? Because you damn sho' ain't doin' me?"

"Chill out. You know how it is. When I'm with you then I'm with you." I stepped up to her. "Why you out here tryna put on a damn show?"

Her facial expression soften but not by much. "I just want answers."

"Well this ain't the way to get 'em, ma."

She kissed her teeth before her light brown eyes met mine. My tongue swiped my bottom lip as I stared down at Kai. She was one of the most gorgeous women I had ever seen in my life. My eyes made their way from her slanted eyes, to her pointed nose down to her pouted, full lips.

"I just want to know what's up. I really hope I'm not wastin' my damn time. I'm really feelin' you and I just feel like you're draggin' me along."

"I'm not doin' anything. You know what's up. I really do fuck with you but you know I'm not lookin' for anything serious right now."

Megan's loud ass caught my attention as she walked up. "Nuh uh, we don't need no domestic shit in front of our shop." Kai turned around with a scowl on her face, making Megan damn near drop her purse ready to pop off.

"Girl, get yo ass in here." Santana said, pulling Megan inside of their shop.

"And you got people talkin' shit bout us. Everyone is already sayin' I'm dumb for fuckin' with you." Kai was now pleading with her eyes.

"Fuck them people." I really wasn't fucking with anyone else. I didn't have the time. Shit was just too hectic for me. "I told you. I'm not fuckin' with nobody else. Relax."

Shit used to be cool with Kai. We had been kicking it for about six months until my ex from back home in Harlem hit my line, surprising me with the news that she was carrying my seed. Ever since that shit happened nine months ago, Kai has been hella insecure. It was starting to get on my nerves but I really did like shorty. She was cool peoples.

Her phone started ringing. "Well I have to get to the hospital but I'll see you later." She started walking to her lil beamer. "Right?" I stopped looking at her ass and made my way up to her face. She was smiling, obviously because she caught me staring.

"Yeah. I'll slide thru."

Kai smiled one more time before getting inside of her whip and pulling off.

I ran my hand down my face and headed back inside of my shop. We opened in thirty minutes. Two of my other barbers, Vic and Quan were already setting up their stations for the day.