Fifty Two| Final Fantasy

2 years later...

Santana

"Well you haven't produced a work in over two years and that's a problem for me. That's a breach of contract." Kendu stated, nonchalantly.

"Life happens. I had more important issues to focus on. I definitely thought you all would be able to understand." My attitude was surfacing with each word he spoke.

"We do understand." Vivian interjected.

"Speak for yourself." Kendu leaned back in his chair, shaking his head.

"Excuse me?"

"You had obligations. You should have put that into consideration before you got pregnant and decided to marry a thug." Before I knew it, my hand smacked the side of his face. Grabbing my purse, I ripped the contract up and threw it in the air.

"Guess I'll see you in court." Vivian called after me but I was so pissed. I didn't want to hear shit she had to say. I knew it was a bad idea to have this meeting anyways. It was obvious from our previous correspondences that he had an attitude. It was obvious he had an issue but for him to come at me for living my life was totally unacceptable and unprofessional. This nigga had really lost his mind but I was definitely going to help him find it. If he wanted to take me to court for breaching our contract, I was counter suing for discrimination in the workplace. Who did he think he was coming at me for having a personal life? The publicity alone was gonna fuck up his coins, so he had a lot to consider. I wasn't a weak bitch that was gonna lay down and let him get over on me. It wasn't happening. Period.

After finally calming down, I pulled up in front of Action Physical Therapy. I parked my new Benz and made my way into the building. Alicia, the receptionist spoke as I made my way to Dr. Cain's office. Easton's head turned in my direction as I opened the door. His eyes studied my face before he rose from his wheelchair and walked over to me. "What's wrong with you?"

First of all I was stunned and my husband was more concerned with my mood than he was about the amazing progress he had made. "Y-you're walking without any support." I choked out, trying to hold my tears in. The last two years were complete hell for me.

The doctors constantly relayed to me how lucky he was to be alive. One of the bullets were so close to his spine that we thought he wasn't going to be able to walk again. The operation was too risky, so they couldn't fully remove it. I was scared for months thinking the remaining fragments would shift but East wasn't fazed. His main focus was to get back on his feet and I'll be the first to admit, this had been the hardest thing I've ever been through in my life, emotionally and mentally. There were points when we were both depressed, barely speaking to each other. But I wasn't going back down that path. As soon as the twins turned one, we continued with our therapy sessions. We needed to get to the root of the problem.

Easton felt like a burden because he couldn't contribute as much as he would have liked but I didn't care. I was just glad he was alive. Nothing else mattered to me and I tried my best to make sure he understood this. "We've been workin' on it for months. I wanted to surprise you for our anniversary." He placed both of his hands on the sides of my face, forcing me to look up at him. A small smile graced his face as he wiped my tears away with his thumbs. "What's wrong with you?"

"Forget that. Baby, you're walking!" I exclaimed. "Wow. Thank you, God." I couldn't help myself as I cried harder. Easton wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. His knees started to buckle a little, making me pull back.

"I'm good, San." He assured me. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you tho?" He placed his finger under my chin, making me look up at him.

If I didn't tell him, he was gonna keep bothering me until I spilled the tea. Chewing on my bottom lip, I ran down my meeting. His face was stoic and expressionless but I could tell from his hand twitching that he was pissed. "Come on." I grabbed his hand and led him to a chair in front of Dr. Cain's desk. "I can't believe y'all held this from me." I whined.