Two| It's Complicated

Santana

to Caleb: You really got fine out of no where

to Caleb: You really got fine out of no where. I heard too many stories so ima stay away. I don't need you ruining my life.

I wasn't telling any type of lies. Caleb literally got fine within the last two years. When he added me on Instagram a few months ago, I couldn't believe that was the same nigga that used to play with Pokémon cards in high school. He went to college and came back to the city a brand new person. I was not surprised tho because people always went away and reinvented themselves.

"Santana, are you ready?" Bella asked walking into my room.

Nodding, I grabbed my purse and followed her and Meg out of the door to her Benz. It had been days since I sent out these confessions and I was just getting to the third name. I was entirely too nervous to read these replies but I had to man up.

Caleb: I'm not tryna ruin your life. If you play your cards right, you could be my wife, Ms. Santana. Stop playing and let a nigga take you out.

to Caleb: You wrote a poem for me and everything huh? That was cute. I'm free tomorrow for lunch.

"This confession thing doesn't seem that bad now that I think about it."

My best friend looked in the backseat at me and laughed because she thought this was the funniest thing. "Have you even opened all of the threads yet?"

"Actually I just texted Caleb back."

"Hm. What did you confess to him?" I read the texts out loud, laughing at their reactions. "I can't believe you shot your shot like that. I'm proud."

"You know I was drunk because I would never." Megan nodded her head and laughed as we pulled up to the Toyota Center.

Bella cut off her car and shook her head. "Girl you better hop on that. Caleb is the hottest thang in the city right now."

"I'm not even lookin' for anything right now. Tank and I literally broke up days ago. Caleb just wants to take me out on a date and-"

"A date?" Megan damn near broke her neck trying to look into the backseat at me. "I hope you're goin'."

"He hasn't texted me back yet but I am up for it."

My girls smiled as we got out of the car and finally made our way into the arena. Bella had been dating someone in the NBA but she hadn't said anything to us about it and we weren't pressing the issue. We knew as soon as this new dude fucked up, she would be moving along to the next one. It was a never ending cycle.

It didn't matter how many times we talked to her, she was gonna do what she wanted. It was her life so we didn't have much control over her decisions.

We waited by the stairs as she went to retrieve our passes. When we made it to our seats, I was really confused because we were damn near on the floor. I had to know who she was messing with at this point.