Twenty Nine| Run Away

Three months later..

Easton

"Why we ain't friends no more? Why you won't listen no more? Damn, I let a good girl go away, away, away. I've been all around the world and I've been looking for you, searchin'. You deserve it 'cause you're perfect." My head was bopping hard to the hook Chris sent back over.

"This shit hard." Jha and Bully co-signed. I puffed the blunt one more time before I passed it.

"Yeah man." I grabbed my pad and hit the booth. "Perfect, that might not describe you. I need a word, that's much better. I'm tryna get back up inside you. Know they gon' hate on the way that we slide through. I don't know nothin', I know 'bout survival. I done had women that only fuck with lames? Used to the trains, ain't been on no planes. Really thinkin' all these niggas the same. After I hit it, I'm pickin' ya brain. I wanna know what you like. I wanna know if you smoke, am I strokin' tonight? Picture us both gettin' low on a flight. Love is a gamble, I'm rollin' the dice. When you Snapchat, you takin' pictures with my chain on. Club rockin', but I ain't goin'. Your shit get wetter than the rain pourin'. I'm tryna splash. I'm wonderin' why we not friends? If you ask me, it kind of depends..." I let out a deep breath. "Yo, I'll finish this shit later. I have to go get Amour real quick." Mark nodded as I walked out of the booth.

"Yo, you good?" Jha asked, walking me out of the studio. I nodded. "You sure?"

"Yeah nigga." I chuckled.

"Aight bruh. We know who that song is about but if you still want to play this game then it's cool with me."

"I'm not stuntin' that girl. She moved out of the city without even tellin' a nigga. She's livin' her life and I'm happy for her but I can't be with her ass. She's too childish and I can't deal with that shit. I already have one daughter."

Jha started laughing. "Oh you're big mad. Still. After three months of pretendin' to be unbothered. Get out ya fuckin' feelings and call shorty. Did you even congratulate her on making the bestseller list?" I balled up my face because I wasn't even aware. I unfollowed her on social media awhile ago because seeing her hurt me too much. "She told Auri she was leavin' and even still FaceTimes Amour, so I'm still waitin' on you to man up and admit you fucked up."

"You really think this shit is my fault?"

"Yes I do. You didn't even give her the opportunity to tell ya ass what went down. I don't think shorty had an abortion and deep down inside I think ya ass know that shit too."

"I don't know nothin'. All I know is that she said she was glad she didn't have my baby. How would you take that?"

My cousin let out a deep breath as he hopped in the passenger seat of my Rover. "Look at the way you came at San. She was gonna clapback. Even if the shit ain't true. You hurt her." He shook his head as I merged into traffic. "You're still the dumbest nigga for not tellin' her. I told ya ass to let her hear it come straight from your mouth."

"Man, I fucked up. I'll admit that. But Santana isn't innocent either."

"Nothin' outweighs havin' a potential baby. I don't give a fuck what you talkin' bout. If no one else is gonna keep shit real with you, I am."

"Jha-"

He cut me off. "Nah listen. She was helpin' you take care of your daughter. Doing shit Kai and Raegan's trifling ass wasn't doin' and you jumped down her throat about a nigga she fucked with before y'all got together. Now I see why you were upset because she should have told you beforehand but she didn't intentionally have you in his face. Now if she did, I would understand."

Shaking my head, I continued to head to Raegan's house. Today was the first day she got to spend time with Amour and the shit was court ordered. Of course they didn't give her joint custody but they did grant her visitation. I was cool with that. I didn't want her out of Amour's life. I just didn't want her ass in my life. "I hear what you're sayin' but I'm not fuckin' with it."