Forty One| Selfish

Santana

Dr. Brown walked into the room, smiling. When her eyes landed on Easton, it grew even bigger. "Mr. Brewster it's always a pleasure to have you in the building. How is the tour coming along?" I rolled my eyes and waited on her to read my chart. The nurse had already taken my vitals and everything else they needed. I was ready to go. They could catch up later.

"It's goin' pretty well. We're tryna get it done by the end of next month since San has the babies in January." His eyes landed on me for a brief second before we both looked away.

"Well, San everything looks great. You have gained almost fifteen pounds." I whimpered because it was gonna be hell to drop this weight. She flashed a small smile, grabbing the ultrasound machine. My heart started beating wildly as my babies appeared on the screen. When their heartbeats came through, I smiled. "They sound very strong. We have six weeks before they bless the world."

"I can't wait." I spoke, sitting up. Dr. Brown handed over napkins and I proceeded to wipe my big stomach as best as I could. I swung my legs around and got down. "I'll see you in two weeks." Flashing a small smile, I grabbed my purse and exited the room.

"You're gonna have this attitude the entire time I'm here? If so, I'll go stay at Auri's."

"Do whatever you feel is needed, boo." I got inside of my Range Rover and slammed my door in his face. I wasn't emotional any more. My mood had done some other shit. If I wasn't in a chill, happy place, I was pissed and only one person brought that side out of me.

Things between East and I were not good at all. After I stated that we should slow everything down and enjoy the moment, he lowkey shut down on me. We hadn't talked much in the last month. The days after the gender reveal weren't bad. I knew he was upset and I constantly tried to explain my reasoning and talk to him but he wasn't putting forth much effort and it only pissed me off. So after a while, I stopped trying. It was weird and I was trying not to stress. I tried to busy myself by writing my book while he was apparently getting ready for tour. But I wouldn't know because the nigga was barely talking to me. So when I came home and saw him packing a few weeks ago, I was shocked and surprised. 'Oh, you wanted everything to slow down, so I'm followin' your lead. By the time I get back, your book should be done and the babies will be on their way. That's slow enough for you?' I shook my head thinking about that conversation. I don't think I ever cursed someone out the way I let his ass have it that day. No matter how far we progressed, his selfishness always seemed to play a part in dragging us down. We had been walking around on egg shells and that was not the way I wanted to live. I almost moved back home with Megan so many times but I wasn't running away anymore.

Now we were at the two month mark since the situation occurred and there hadn't been any improvements.

Pulling into our driveway, I scoffed as he pulled in behind me. He wasn't about to get a reaction out of me. Stress killed and I wasn't about to lose my babies because he was in his feelings.