Forty Six| Heaven on Earth

Omniscient

Coughing echoed throughout the room. Easton's eyes popped open, landing on his fiancé as she reached for the water on the stand next to her bed. He quickly stood up and held the cup to her mouth. "Why are you cryin', baby?" Her voice was raspy but he didn't care. Just hearing her and seeing her move brought tears to his eyes. Santana looked around the room. "Where are the twins?" Her eyes started tearing up. "Oh my God. Did something happen to them?"

"San, calm down." Her heart rate was beginning to race. "They're perfectly healthy, ma. You're the one I'm worried about. You were in a coma for three days."

"THREE DAYS!" She started coughing again. Easton couldn't help but smile because he missed her dramatic ass. "Where are our babies tho?" He grabbed the remote and paged the nurse's station.

"Our moms took them home last night. They should be on their way back now." Santana furrowed her brows because she didn't even know their parents got along like that. But she couldn't even lie, she was happy that they were pulling together. "I'm so happy you're okay, San. I've been literally losing my mind for the last few days without you." He tried to kiss her but Santana turned her head.

"If I've been sleep for three days, I know my breath is stankin'. Please let me brush my teeth first." Easton didn't care what she was talking about. He grabbed her face and kissed her anyways.

"Don't ever scare me like that again." He placed his forehead on top of hers. Santana chewed on her bottom lip because she wasn't even aware that she was almost gone from Earth. Not being able to see her children grow up hadn't even crossed her mind. She was happy she pulled through because she honestly felt like Easton would have gone down the deep end if she hadn't made it. There was so much she wanted to experience in life.

"Is something wrong, Mr. Brewster?" Cheyanne, the nurse on duty asked walking into the room. "Oh! You're wake! She's awake." Her eyes opened wide. "I'm going to get Dr. Yang. I'll be right back."

Santana didn't even know how to process the news that had just been given to her. The last thing she remembered was having a conversation with her fiance regarding the evolution of their relationship before everything became hazy. It was taking everything inside of her not to let a tear drop because she knew without a doubt that this was hard on Easton. Just from looking at his face, she cold tell that he barely slept in the last three days. "Ms. Harris." A short Asian man walked into the room, wearing a warm smile. "We're glad to have you back with us. I'm Dr. Aaron Yang."

"I didn't even know I went anywhere."

"I know." He nodded his head. "I'm going to explain what happened and the steps we have to take to move forward." Santana nodded her head but this was a new doctor. So it was going to be a major adjustment to her. The same lady had been her primary physician since she was a teenager. "So when you delivered your beautiful babies, there was major tearing. You weren't properly checked and stitched up right away. This led to you lying there and bleeding out for about two hours. You body shut down and went into shock." Santana tried to catch her tears before they fell but it was too late. She couldn't understand how the staff could be so careless. "Your father had to give blood for a transfusion."

"Oh wow." It was taking everything inside of her not to break down.

"You're good now. We're going to monitor you throughout the day. You should be able to go home within the next few days if not tomorrow." Easton reached over and grabbed his fiance's hand, giving it a slight squeeze. "Do you have any questions for me?"

"Will I be able to have anymore children?"

"Yes. I will highly advise getting a cesarean next go round. You should heal within about eight weeks and be good to go."