Thirty Nine| Friend or Foe

Santana

Amour's birthday was tomorrow and Raegan took it upon herself to throw a party. She took the initiative and I didn't mind at all. When we received our invitations in the mail, I started hollering. She had seen either Auri or Easton at least twice a week for the last month but still didn't tell anyone.

"Raegan said y'all are gonna stop playin' with her. She's Amour's real mother and she's tired of playin' games with you hoes." Megan thought this was the funniest thing. "She just wants y'all to show up and look cute." I just hoped Raegan's simple ass wasn't tryna prove anything to us. We didn't want her to spend money. We wanted her to spend time and bond with our child.

Part of me really wanted this party to be an act of kindness but I knew she had ulterior motives. "I don't mind. I just want to show up and eat. That was less work for me. Kudos to her for finally being a mother." A yawn escaped as I made myself comfortable on the couch.

"You really be so unbothered these days. I feel like I don't even know you anymore."

"Oh bitch." I popped my tongue, laughing. "When these twins drop, I'm back on my bullshit. Act like you know." My best friend playfully rolled her eyes, scrolling though Hulu trying to find a show. "I'm tryna channel good energy into the universe because if they come out with me and East's attitudes mixed together, it's gon take the strength of the ancestors to help me get through this."

"Whew chile," Megan shook her head. "Just imagine them havin' your smart ass mouth with Easton's attitude. Oh it's a wrap. Y'all might as well homeschool."

"Girl shut up. We are not that bad."

"Who isn't?" She looked around the room. "Have you met y'all? Easton broke someone's jaw." Her goofy ass started dying laughing. "I'm never gonna get over that. Then there's you. You go from zero to ten in a second. Don't let you get real upset because you're throwing that hair up quick. Ready to fight." I side eyed her because this really did sound bad. "But y'all work for each other. You keep each other in line and I love it."

"Yeah. It took us a while to get where we are."

"Everything takes work. Nothing is easy. As long as progress is being made that's all that matters."

Letting out a low sigh, I stared up at the ceiling. "Easton asked me to marry him."

"Bitch what?! How are you so calm right now?" She got up and walked over to me. "Where is the ring?" Her eyes searched my hand, making me laugh.

"It was two weeks ago." I shrugged, nonchalantly. "We were caught up in the moment. I don't think he was serious. My mama had just made a whole scene about me bein' another baby mama to him and apparently the label wants me to keep my pregnancy a secret for the same reason." We hadn't talked about it since but it wasn't phasing me.

"Fuck them! All of them, especially Daliah. Y'all don't have to move on no one else's time."

"That's what I'm sayin'. I don't want him to marry me out of obligation. If he isn't ready for marriage, I'm not stressing. I'm cool with the way things are right now.

Megan sat back down and shook her head. "We both know Easton isn't doin' shit out of obligation. So shut up and let's go ring shoppin'."

"I'm sick of you." I chuckled, reaching for my vibrating phone.

Easton🔐: How are you and my babies feeling?

to Easton🔐: I just got home after doing hair for six hours and my feet don't feel like they're about to fall off. So we're having a great day.