Thirty One| Focused on You

Santana

"Bitch, don't make me put my wig in a rubber band. Slap a bitch down, with the fuck shit. Y'all hoes better tighten up." I started dying laughing as Megan rapped along to City Girls. She swung her hair from side to side as she moved around our section. I knew she was happy because she had played this song about three times before we left the suite.

"Bout my dog I'll slide, if it's a lick I'll drive, to a nigga I'll lie!" Bella joined her as I texted everyone back for wishing me a happy birthday. "Sleepy hoes better wake up and get ya muthafuckin' cake up." The club was starting to fill up fast and all I wanted to do was sleep. This was our third day in Vegas and I was running off of three hours of sleep. My twenty sixth birthday was definitely coming along and I couldn't have been happier. This trip was exactly what I needed before this book tour started next week.

East: Happy birthday, Santana.

East: I know we don't talk much nowadays but I didn't forget ya big day. I'm out in Vegas too for a show. Let me take you out to lunch.

East: I know ya greedy ass not turning down food. Matter fact, shopping trip? Everything on me.

I stared at Easton's texts and smiled. There was no reason he should have still had this effect on me. After thanking him, I sat my phone back on the table and grabbed my drink.

"I know you fuckin' lyin'. I was rootin' for his ass too." I heard my best friend whisper to my sister. I was in my own world, sipping on the patron and sprite Bella mixed for me. When I looked up my eyes landed on Easton and his new boo.

I became annoyed at the way my stomach fell to my damn feet

I became annoyed at the way my stomach fell to my damn feet. It was crazy how my body still ached and craved him. Sighing, I looked away from them and found my eyes back on the same dude that had been eyeing me all night. He was brown skin, medium built, with a full beard and the nicest pink lips.

"We've been plannin' this trip for months. This nigga knew." Sanaa whisper-yelled back.

Even tho I knew he was here, the pain didn't hurt any less. But I was glad he was happy. He deserved happiness. If that was what ol girl bought into his life then I supported the movement. "It's cool y'all. I knew he was in the city." I didn't know he was going to be in this club and I didn't know his boo was with him. But I wasn't mad. I had been full of alcohol all weekend and right now wasn't an exception. So I brushed it off and continued to enjoy myself.

Right on cue, Fight Night by Migos started playing. The ratchet switch in my head automatically turned on. My girls looked at me and smiled. My hands were already placed on my knees as my tongue stuck out of my mouth.

"I see you over there fuckin' it up birthday girl." The DJ announced over the microphone. I smiled and continued to dance to one of my favorite songs.

I stood up straight and started making my ass clap. "Okay sis." Sanaa gassed. It wasn't hard to tell I was feeling it because I was moving my ass to the beat and doing every twerking trick I knew except hitting a split. I dropped to the ground and started bouncing up and down before standing back up.