One| Scary Hours

Didn't proofread.

---------

Easton

"You can't just take her!" Raegan yelled as I grabbed Amour

"You can't just take her!" Raegan yelled as I grabbed Amour. "She's my daughter too."

Everything she said fell on deaf ears because I was taking my damn daughter. She was out her tryna be a trap queen and that was cool. It just wasn't going down while she still had my daughter. I didn't give a fuck what she did once Amour and I left.

I had Bully reach out to Darell's dad upstate to let him know how funny Rae was out here moving. He sent his sister to get his son and I was glad. Obviously, Raegan didn't need any kids. Her ass was trying to live like she didn't have anyone else to worry about. That was far from the truth.

"She's all I have left." Raegan sobbed. "Easton please. Don't take her away from me."

Crying didn't do it for me anymore. I had gotten entirely too familiar with this routine. "Bruh move."

"I'm not gonna let you take her."

"Let me? Rae move the fuck out of my face." Amour started squirming in my arms. She could feel that my vibe was off. I always tried not to catch an attitude around my daughter but this girl was pushing it.

"You really think they'll give you custody? You're an ex drug dealer."

"And you're an ex CNA that's tryna live off of another nigga's money. Come on, ma. I thought you were smarter than this."

"Don't judge me. You left me. I had to do what I had to do."

"Aight. Do whatever you feel is best but I'm takin', Amour."

"I'll see you in court!" She yelled behind me as I made my way out of the apartment and down the stairs with my daughter on one arm and the baby bag on the other. Before I could exited the building, Smiley was bursting through the door. He was low key mugging before speaking to my baby. I started to deck that nigga in his mouth but I kept it pushing. I had too much to lose at this point. If he had caught me a year ago before Amour was conceived, I would have knocked his fuckin' block off.

"See you soon, E." He called jogging up the stairs.

"You can really see me right now. What's good?"

He didn't say anything else. I just heard him laughing so I continued to make my way to my car. I was glad to be getting my baby from around that bullshit. He was tryna act hard and Rae was being stupid. I couldn't deal with that shit.

After strapping Amour in, we headed straight to my mom's spot. My daughter started reaching for my moms immediately.

"So what are you gonna do?" That was a good question.

"I think I'm gonna look for a nanny and take her down to Houston."

"A nanny?" Her head snapped back. "I don't want a stranger round my grandbaby. Call up Auri." I side-eyed her at the mention of my little sister. Her ass was always on the go. When I arrived around five this morning, her ass was just just getting in the house. I loved and trusted my sister but I didn't know about her being my nanny. She was twenty-one and living her life. I wasn't tryna make her take care of a baby that wasn't hers. My sister prided herself in not having a baby and being able to move when she wanted and how she wanted.