Twenty Eight| Keep Quiet

Easton

When I heard the front door open, I knew it was San. It was after midnight and everyone in the house was sleep except me. At this point I didn't even think she was going to come over. I had been blowing her phone up for hours and she hadn't even reached back out.

She walked into the room and slung a suitcase on the bed. Her hair was pulled away from her face and I could tell from the sniffling and the puffiness of her eyes that she had been crying. "San," I spoke but she raised her finger, silencing me.

"Don't say shit to me. Just let me get my stuff. I'm tryin' not to cause a scene cause your mother is here. So please. Don't talk to me."

I was confused because when I saw her hours earlier everything seemed good. I wasn't sure what had changed her mood like this. "Can you please just tell me what's wrong?" The desperation in my voice could be heard throughout the room. Santana scoffed before she continued to make her way throughout, grabbing her things. "San!"

"WHAT?!" She threw the things in her hands down on the bed. Her chest was huffing up and down as she quickly wiped a tear away that was falling down her cheek.

"Talk to me."

"Talk to you?!" She chuckled, humorlessly. "That's funny. All I've been doin' is talkin' to ya dumbass and you couldn't even open your mouth to tell me that Kai is pregnant with ya child." My mouth dropped open. "Don't open ya mouth now. Stupid ass should have been spoken up." She shook her head as she continued to pack. "Now it makes sense as to why you jumped down my damn throat about Isaiah. You was tryna ease your own guilt and don't you dare hit me with it happened before us. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" She was going off. Not giving me the opportunity to respond. "I should have known it was somethin'. I should have never given you a chance in the first place. I knew better."

"You need to calm down."

"NO! You wanted to talk so let's fuckin' talk." She slammed the bedroom door and faced me. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know. I-I really didn't know how, San. Just listen to me." Seeing the hurt etched across her face was killing me. Santana didn't cry and she had let tears fall twice during the last few weeks. Shit was bad and there was no way I could front.

"Why would I do that? When I gave you the opportunity to come clean, you didn't want to talk. So fuck you and I hope you have a nice life. But knowing the birds that you keep rawin', it'll be fuckin' miserable." The entire time she talked, she moved around the room picking up her things.

Letting out a deep breath, I got off of the bed and stepped in front of her. "Please listen to me. I am so sorry. I never tried to hurt you. I never want to hurt you but the truth is, this did happen before us. Even though I don't want to accept the shit, that's the way the cookie crumbled."

"Whatever," She wouldn't even look up at me. "I can't do this shit." Her eyes finally connected with mine. "I have been supportive and accommodating. I know I have my flaws. I'm over dramatic, petty, childish, or whatever else. But more than anything, I have been down for ya ass. I have given you one hundred percent from the beginning and I don't have much left to give you. If that baby is yours then I know you'll be a great father but I won't be here to see it." It felt like she knocked all of the air out of my lungs. "I can't do this shit, East." Santana just started breaking down. "I can't. The last thing I want to do is loathe an innocent child."

"Santana please."

She shook her head. "I can't do it. I won't do it. I wish you the best. I want nothin' but success for you, Easton. But you have to let me go. If you love me, don't put me through this. Love isn't enough at this point."