Forty Eight| Liquid Courage

Back to our regularly scheduled program...

Omniscient

Dr. Thomas sat down in his chair and stared at the couple. He hadn't seen them in a while but just from their body language, he knew they were in a better space. However the look of worry on Easton's face and the annoyed look on Santana's let him know there was an issue brewing. "So what's wrong?"

She shrugged her shoulders and faced her fiancé. "I'm cool."

"Lie again." Easton said, shaking his head. It had been days since they had their date night and Santana was trying to act unbothered but he knew she was really upset.

"Why do you figure I'm lying?" Santana asked, calmly. "Please explain it to me."

"I know you. You can sit here and try to act like that news didn't affect you in any way but we both know it did and that's fine, San. Why can't you just admit it?"

"Because I'm not supposed to feel any type of way about it." It was hard to keep her voice leveled but her attitude was definitely surfacing. "I can't be mad about something that happened damn near a year ago when we weren't together. That's goofy as fuck but I am upset. I was pissed. I was mad."

"What are we talking about here?" Dr. Thomas asked. Easton decided to fill him in on the situation. "You really think you don't have a reason to feel upset, Santana? Well I'm here to tell you that you do have one."

"Stop trying to hide how you feel?" Easton spoke up. "You never did that shit before, so don't start now."

"Okay," Santana angled her body to face him. "I think it's nasty that you slept with that many women in that short time frame. And the fact that you played into that double standard shit because it was expected of you doesn't help the situation at all. I'm not flattered by the fact that you were tryna keep me off of your mind, by sleeping with every random that would throw some neck in your direction. If I would have done that, we probably wouldn't even be sitting here right now. How can you claim you still loved me but you were out here stickin' ya dick in everything? That doesn't make sense to me. But again, we weren't together." It was obvious she was pissed. Her knee was bouncing up and down.

"Santana," Dr. Thomas captured her attention. "Do you feel like Easton wasn't in love with you during that break up period?"

"At points I did feel that way." She let out a deep breath. "I felt bad for kissing another man while he was being posted all over social media with a different woman every other week. Then he had the nerve to fly out to Vegas, during my birthday weekend, with one of his new flings of the week." She chuckled. "That's not even the best part. He broke someone's jaw because I was having a casual conversation with the guy."

"I mean I did pour out my heart directly after that and you rejected me."

"Easton really?"

He chuckled before shaking his head. "You did on the low. You friend-zoned me."

"I had to. At that point, I felt like you just didn't want to see anyone else with me. I really didn't feel like you were in love with me anymore. However, once you started making the proper adjustments to better yourself because I was your motivation, I knew the love was still there."

"I never stopped lovin' you tho. I know the way the situation was handled was bullshit."

"And I know that, Easton. You put actions behind your words. You said you were gonna get ya shit together after Vegas and you did. You stopped sleeping around and were focusing on the right things. That's how I knew. The way I feel about this news doesn't take away from any progress we have made. I hurt my own feelings. I shouldn't have said I wanted to know. But I can't change it now." She let out a deep breath and shook her head. Letting that out honestly made her feel better. For days she had been trying to get over it because she was trying not to let anything that occurred outside of their relationship affect them.