Twenty Three| Disrespectful

Santana

"That shit look like a big ass rock

"That shit look like a big ass rock. You can't convince me that it's anything else." Easton said as we stared at the last painting in this museum. His ass had been cracking jokes all afternoon.

For the last two weeks, we sat aside a day just for us to go out and spend time with each other. No studio. No hair appointments. Just me and him. So I made a list of cute little things I wanted to do around the city. We knew within the upcoming months our schedules were going to become hectic. Easton's name had been blowing up lately. He was getting co-signs from hella artists including Nas, Snoop, and Diddy. I couldn't have been prouder if I tried. Everything he was getting, he deserved.

Sooner or later, I was going to have to really set a schedule to get this book written.

There was no reason to wait until the last minute to start planning for that time. We needed to start now, so we were already in the habit of sitting a day to the side just for each other.

"I can take the nigga out the hood but I can't take the hood out of the nigga."

He placed his arm around my waist and pulled me into him. "You love me tho." I started smiling and shaking my head, avoiding his kiss. "You tryna tell me you see somethin' other than a big ass rock, San?"

I couldn't even hide my laughter. "No that really is a big ass rock. Although," I turned around in his arms and stared at the picture. "It could marble."

"Same thing."

"Mhm." I grabbed his hand and led the way to the exit. "Can we go get some food? I am starving." Easton nodded his head as we made our way to his Rolls Royce.

"I have another show this weekend." I already knew that. So I was gonna take that time to actually finish the first chapter of my book. I had gotten pretty far but I still had a long way to go. Since he was leaving, I wasn't going to have any distractions. "It's in Miami." Easton looked at me from the corner of his eyes as we got inside of the car. "You should come with me."

"No can do, boo. I have to finish this chapter while you're away."

"You can do that shit on the flight there and back."

"I have been makin' too many excuses. I have to finish this soon. I know I don't have a deadline but I still want to present something. Ya know?" He nodded his head as he steered through traffic. "I'm not even goin' to the shop. I'm gonna get this thing done."

"Nah I feel that. You should focus on that. How far are you anyways?"

"Well," I popped my tongue. "I've picked out names for the characters and started on the plot."

"What are their names?"

"Deja and Amir are the main characters. I'm basing it in Atlanta. Amir is a tattoo artist and Deja does hair. I thought I would stick with that." He nodded so I continued. "I switched it up tho. Amir's girlfriend cheated on him so he's the leader of the bitter nigga brigade. Deja has a baby and is still fuckin' her baby daddy. But one night he butt dials her. She hears him having sex with another female. She stops messing with him, gets drunk with her girls and talks herself into sending out the texts. That's all I have so far."