Monophasic and Polyphasic

Big words. I know.

The average person gets about 7-8 hours of sleep.

Anyway. I think it would be cool to only need 3-6 hours of sleep.

Polyphasic sleep is a sleep pattern when you drastically cut your bedtime during the night and add a few 20-30 minute power naps during the day. (Not my wording. From Mr.Brightside on YouTube)(He cut the definition short so it's easier to understand so I felt it wouldn't make sense if I worded anything differently)

Polyphasic sleep has 5 main schedules that most people use.

What I've decided to do, is to use the Monophasic sleep schedule from this example

What I've decided to do, is to use the Monophasic sleep schedule from this example. You can find other examples on the internet.

Monophasic is the hardest one to understand.

Monophasic sleep can mean 7-8 hours of sleep all at once or less.

Monophasic is a Polyphasic sleep pattern so it usually means 3-6 hours.

It can be taken either way so let me explain what I'm doing.

I'm using the 6 hour monophasic sleep schedule. I've been doing my research, and I've been studying it for not that long.

One day I hope to get to the dymaxion sleep pattern as it can be cut to 3 hours. But that's stupid to go into right away.

Monophasic is the best one to get into as a start as it is the longest.

I am actually really hyped to get into monophasic sleep as I will have more time to do what I want.

Writing and art are big in my life and normally, I don't have enough time.

I will be waking up at 4am which gives me 3.5 extra hours to do what I want. And I could actually start working out too.

My new schedule is from: 10pm-4am.
Yes that includes weekends.

My old schedule was 10pm-730am on school days. 11pm-9am on weekends.

I'm going to stay on it for about 2 weeks. They say it takes 7 days to get used to unless your body really can't handle it. So after the 2 weeks I will make the decision to stay with it or stop and go back to my old schedule.

Let's see how it works. I'll be doing as many updates as possible.

My Samsung health schedule:

And my alarm clock: