8.| You're Late

8.| You're Late

Issues - Julia Michaels "Cause I got issues, but you got 'em too

"Cause I got issues, but you got 'em too. So give 'em all to me, and I'll give mine to you, bask in the glory, of all our problems. 'Cause we got the kind of love, it takes to solve 'em"

***

"You're late,"

Mercedes strolled in as Jayden finished dancing with Mike, "I know. I overslept."

Quinn scoffed from beside Lucy, "It's 4:30 in the afternoon."

"My alarm clock went off 30 minutes late this morning. Kind of shifted my whole schedule."

Mercedes shrugged "Anyway, what's Santana doing here?"

"I've re-sworn my allegiance to the Glee Club, without telling Coach Sue." Santana admitted.

Jayden sighed as he stepped closer to Mercedes, "Mercedes, I'll catch you up. Five, six, seven. Five, six..." their dancing was cut off abruptly as Mercedes suddenly dashed across stage towards the trash can where she bent over.

Will frowned "Mercedes, you okay?"

"My stomach hurts." She whined as she held her stomach "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Santana rolled her eyes in annoyance "Why are you babying her? I mean, she can't do three steps without puking 'cause she ate at Quizno's before she showed up in this joint."

"Mr. Shue, you have us scheduled to the second right now. With school, Glee Club and Booty Camp, when else am I supposed to eat?"

"When the rest of us do." Mercedes scoffed at Santana "Oh, like you eat!"

"It's not about eating." Will denied "It's about attitude. Sectionals are coming up, and if we don't give it our all..."

"I am doing my best." Mercedes promised.

"No, you're not. It's not about doing your best anymore. It's about doing better."

***

Jayden sat down in Principal Figgins office with his dad as Principal Figgins looked at Jayden's dad, " I must say Mr. Jason Collins Sr, this is highly unusual. I have no grounds to drug test your son every day,"

Jason looked at Principal Figgins, "my grandmother in Japan knew three English phrases: 'Coca-Cola', 'Kiss my grits' and 'Harvard University' deep in Hubei Province this old women knew the best school in the United States. That's where our son belongs,"

Principal Figgins looked at Jayden as his head was down low as he didn't want to look at Principal Figgins, "but what makes you think he's on drugs? He's one of our best students at McKinley, star quarterback, and he can bust a serious catchy move,"

Jason looked at Principal Figgins, "My song got an A-minus on his chemistry test, and in the Collins family, an A-minus is an Asian F,"

Jayden rolled his eyes as Principal Figgins furrowed his eyebrows, "but you guys aren't Asian?" Jayden looked at his Principal, "Mum and Dad are good friends with the Chang family,"

Principal Figgins looked at Jayden's dad, "Mr. Collins Sir. I don't want to get in your business, as they say but don't you think perhaps you're putting too much pressure of Jayden Collins Jr? With the extra tutoring sessions, and with Glee Club?"

Jason shook his head, "An A-minus won't do. It's the girlfriend, she's a distraction,"

Jayden looked at his dad, "we had Rachel over a week ago for dinner, Mum you love Rachel," Jason shook his head, "she's distracting you, Jayden, Mrs. Brown told me that you didn't attend to the tutor session with Johnny, Glee Club is distracting you, or it's just Rachel,"

Principal Figgins leaned forwards, "this is where we agree, Sir. Rachel Berry and her singing way have no place in this school."

Jayden shook his head at his Principal in disbelief as Jason spoke from beside Jayden, "it is clear to me that either Johnathon is on drugs or that he's bitten off more then he can chew. He needs to quite Glee Club, performing is a waste of his time,"

Jayden turned to his dad, "what?"

Jason leaned into Jayden, "the consultant we hired said that it was meaningless on your transcript. In fact, he said it was detriment and so is working at Burt's work shop,"

Jayden furrowed his eyebrows, "I like working at Burt's shop, it gives me an opportunity to make me feel how it is to get your own earned money not just from your parents," Jason shook his head.

Jayden looked at his dad, "I'll do better, Dad. I promise. Get me a chemistry tutor. I'll pay for it myself, just give one more chance,"

***

Jayden sat in the boys locker room with his head in his hands as he wore his jersey number 12, Azimio smirked at Jayden, when Coach Beiste blew her whistle, "all right, listen up, ladies! Number one; I kicked a fire hydrant when I found out Ace of Cakes was cancelled, hence the crutches. Number two: the entire wrestling team has come down with a flesh-wasting staph infection so, fellas, wash yourselves, and included your bag caves and your bramble patches. Number three: -" Coach Besite looked at them, "-Tinsley, Puckerman, Azimio, Collins, show me your moves."

Jayden furrowed his eyebrows as Johnny looked at Jayden as they both looked at Coach, "which one?" Coach Besite pointed to Johnny.

Puck looked at Coach Beiste, "what moves?"

Coach Beiste looked at Puck, "oh, don't okay stupid. You're all dancing in west side story, unless I specifically excuse you."

Finn turned to Jayden who was out of it, "tire shop every afternoon," Shane looked at Coach, "Coach, no disrespect, but my dad, he didn't raise me to be no damn ballerina, in fact, my dad didn't even raise me,"

Coach Beiste looked at Jayden and Mike, "Ballet improves you coordination, it's boosts your IQ, and it gets half of the NFL on dancing with the stars! Boo-yah! By Wednesday, everyone is to show up at audition and dance,"

Jayden looked into space as Azimio spoke, "how are we supposed to learn to dance by Wednesday?" Coach Beiste looked at Jayden and Mike before looking away, "figure it out,"

Jayden snapped out of his gaze when Finn nudged him and Mike, as everyone stared at the both of them, "oh god, more things to make my dad and mum more mad at me,"

***

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️