16.| Trying To Make It Right

Drowning- Ross Lynch & Olivia Holt"And I can't breathe

"And I can't breathe..I'm struggling, my hearts at ease, cause I'm drowning, cause I'm drowning, in your love,"

***

Jayden was at his locker shoving his books into his locker as his wrist was in a bandage as Santana helped him when he shoved his last book into his locker his dad came closing it loudly, "when were you gonna tell me?"

Jayden looked at his dad, "tell you what?" Jason bit onto his lip, "that you are doing the school musical. I overheard your mother talking about it on the phone. You lied to me, and you made a liar out of your mother. You will quit immediately."

Jayden looked at his dad, "no! I love being a dancer," Jason looked at his son, "when I was in high school I wanted to be a basketball player, but then I had to wake up and realise that I wasn't good enough. Grow up, Johnathon! You need to learn the difference between grown-ups dreams and kid dreams."

Jayden looked at his dad, "I am not gonna e a doctor. I will be a professional dancer and singer-" Jason hummed under his breath, "I'll pay my own way through college. I don't want your money."

Jason looked at Jayden, "as long as you continue to waste your life with this silly fantasy, you will longer be my son."

Jayden gulped as he looked at his dad, "then I guess I don't have a dad anymore." Jason looked into Jayden's eyes before bumping his shoulder with Jayden's as he pasted.

***

Rachel banged the gravel onto the table as she looked at the new directions as she bit her lip remembering what happened on Friday between her and Jayden, "this emergency meeting is now in session. Now that I realise that we are a house divided, but I need the advice of my girls. The last time I called a meeting like this was during our Madonna lesson, and all of you were wildly unhelpful. But it's been two years now, and we've all grown up, so I'm optimistic. Jayden and I were-" she inhaled sharply "almost intimate." 

"Almost?" Tina frowned "What happened?" 

"He ran out." Rachel admitted "I just- I wanted my performance of Maria to be as realistic as possible. And when he found out that's why I was doing it, he got really, really hurt." 

"Can you blame Jayden?" Tina frowned "That's awful." 

"I know, I know." Rachel sighed "I feel terrible. And now I realise that I was just doing it for all the wrong reasons." 

"Do you want me advice?" Quinn spoke up, earning a nod from Rachel "Just wait." 

"Just wait?"  Quinn shrugged "Look what happened to me."

"You could've used protection." Tina pointed out. 

Quinn sighed "I'm not just talking about getting pregnant. I'm- I'm talking about losing something that you can never get back. It changes you, it makes everything more complicated." 

"I also think that you should wait." Santana spoke up "Speaking from experience, Jayden is really good in bed by he's has a habit of keeping his socks on." 

"Santana, that is not cool,"

"Oh, what?" Santana shrugged "If she wants my sloppy seconds she should at least know the truth. Look Jayden's hot and he's got a big -"

"Shut up," Tina frowned, "we really don't what to know,"

"I lost my virginity at cheerleading camp," Brittany stared freely," he just climbed into my tent, alien invasion."

"Okay, well then I guess it's settled." Rachel stuttered, "obviously, things are heating up between Jayden and I, but I think we should wait,"

Losing my virginity was a great experience for me-" Lucy spoke up, "because I was with someone I love. It happened this summer. Finn and I had talked about it for a while now, because we knew that the first time was gonna be something we'd want to remember forever. And when that moment came-" Lucy smiled at the girls," we just knew. It was right. It wasn't rushed, it was amazing. He's my first love like Jayden is for you. And I'll always look back at that moment as absolutely perfect- no regrets."

***

Jayden was backstage with Santana as he smiled at the girl, "you okay, San?" Santana turned to Jayden to see him struggling with his black tie as he wore a red shirt with a black blazer over, "let me help you,"

Jayden gave Santana a small smile, "thanks, so how's you and Brittany?" Santana covered Jayden's mouth, "Jay, shh, I haven't told anyone only you, but we're good, like really good,"

Santana saw Rachel looking over here with a small smile, "Rachel looking over here," Jayden just rolled his eyes, "let her, she embarrassed me,"

Santana just frowned at him, "I know, she told us, but Jayden, you guys are good together, you aren't apart from each other," Santana gave Jayden a hug as he got his rose what he had in his pocket for Rachel.

Jayden smiled at Santana as she went over to Brittany as they both smiled at Jayden, Jayden did his hair before going towards Rachel, "hey,"

Rachel looked up at her boyfriend, "hi, Jay-" Jayden stopped Rachel, "can you let me talk for a second?-" Rachel nodded as Jayden sighed, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to get defensive, it's just Rachel you hurt my feelings,"

Rachel frowns at her boyfriend as he handed Rachel the red rose, "good luck," with that Jayden walked away from her.

Jayden came to Artie with Santana behind him with flowers, "dude, we have a problem," Artie sighed, "we haven't officially thanked you for everything that you've done for us," Santana handed Artie the flowers as she stood beside Tina and Jayden.

Artie took the flowers as everyone in the play started crowding them as they all clapped, "All of us were so nervous, and we didn't know what we were doing and you were like the lighthouse that lead us to the way,"

Artie furrowed his eyebrows at Tina, "but I didn't know what I was doing, either. When you are in a chair, it's hard to-" Artie groaned, "ever feel like you've grown up. Everyone's always doing stuff for you, hey get freaked out about saying the wrong thing. So-"

Artie looked at everyone, "they coddle you. Sometimes it's hard to ever picture a life of being totally self-sufficient. But directing you guys, the way you trusted me, the way you looked at me and listened to me, it was the first time in my life that I ever-"

Artie smiled at us," felt like a grown man, that's the greatest gift you can give a guy, so..so, thank you guys-"

Artie smiled at them, "for the flowers and for everything. All right-" Jayden picked up Artie cheering as everyone laughed, "Artie! Artie!"

***

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️