Chapter 1

Ramin:

Ramin woke up to the sound of the ringing tone of his alarm. He picked up the phone and turned the alarm off. Just before he intended to put down his mobile phone he saw that he had gotten a text message from no less than Sierra Boggess. A little jolt of happiness appeared in his stomach as he opened her message. Sierra was his best friend, but sadly they didn't live on the same continent, so they didn't get time to meet each other as often as they wanted to. However, they did a lot of things together, just this December they did 4 stars in Japan. It had been like the time of their life's. But now it was January and they hadn't met since 4 stars which made him sad, he liked to be with her.

Sierra❤️: Guess what I got sent to me today...(:

A smile crept to his lips as he read what she had written. Even though it was a little childish he found it amusing but also somewhat curious. What did she mean?

Me: I can't. You have to tell me(;

After sending the text he put his phone away and turned around in the bed to face his wife, Mandy, who was lying beside him. She was still asleep and as he looked at her he suddenly felt a little ashamed. He knew he had no reason, but he felt bad for texting Sierra when he was home with Mandy.

Ramin bent down and took a firm grip around the barbell handle. Weight lifting always eased his nerves and calmed him down. He straightened his back and began to lift the weights. Sweat started to make its way down his forehead and neck. This was a good therapy whenever he felt bad, especially leg exercises. Legs were the easiest and most exhausting body part to exercise which made him love it. Arms were the body part he hated work out the most. They were hard to find exercises to and they were a pain in the ass to work out. No, legs were the best. At last he was able to straighten his legs one last time and Mandy ran up to him and gave him a high five.

- That's great! A new record, right?

- Yes! He bent down and gave her a quick peck on her lips.

Oh god how he loved to work out with her. She was a great personal trainer and she always pushed him to his limits. It was also a good time to spend time with her without needing to be so physical. Sure, he loved to be physical too but not all the time.

When he came home after an exhausting workout he was greeted by his beloved sons, Jaiden and Hadley. His little Hadley, who wasn't very little anymore, 10 years old, gave him a big hug. Jaiden who now was 13 tried to give him a bro fist but Ramin wasn't satisfied with that and gave him too a bear hug. They were the reason he didn't like working abroad. He loved working on Broadway and all over the world. However, his boys made it very difficult because they couldn't follow him since they went to school in England. But now, when he at last was home he enjoyed every moment he could spend with them.

Ramin was soon going to New York once more, to do a concert so he was going to miss his boys awfully much again. It was hard, having a family here and going over the sea all the time, but it was still something about standing on stage that made Ramin stick with it. Some of the hard days when he was in USA he needed to tell that to himself, the days when he just missed his family way too much. Doing whole Broadway runs was hard, then you lived in a random apartment for almost a year. Ramin had a lot of friends over there but when it all comes down to it, family was family. No friend could replace a family love. Even though being in a Broadway show was hard but one concert there and another there was not the same. It was like spending time on a vacation, just a short time with some friends and when you get home, well; There is no place like home. That is why Ramin was very grateful in every single way that he soon was going to cross the sea to do a concert, which was going to be so awesome, this Chess concert was something he looked forward to. But there was more to it, Ramin had now for a couple of days tried to convince himself that being on Broadway was bad, like just some minutes ago. The reason to it was that his agent had called him, and he had told him about the revival of the "Secret Garden" musical, and the truth was that he wanted to do it really bad. But looking over to his sons in the sofa, well, it was a hard choice, but there is no escaping the fact; Ramin wanted to do it.

Sierra:

- Olivia! Don't you understand that you can't lift that toy if you stand on it? Sierra laughed.

She sat in her sofa looking at Olivia playing around with a toy on the carpet in front of her TV. The other cat, Celie, laid in Sierra's lap and was half asleep. Sierra loved her cats, especially after her break up with Tam 2014 because they made her calm and happier. Of course, that was a long time ago and she was obviously over him now. The break up with Tam had been very hard, even though both agreed that their relationship didn't work out. But they were still friends even after the breakup which she was very grateful for.

The clock was around 3 when she heard the unmistakable sound of her mobile letting her know that she had gotten a text. She immediately got excited because some hours ago she had texted Ramin about a fan mail she had gotten, and she hoped it was him answering it now. Quickly she picked up her phone from her coffee-table beside the sofa she sat in and looked at the screen. As she expected it was Ramin that had replied to her text.

Ramin❤️😊: I can't. You have to tell me(;

As she read what he had answered she smiled a little to herself. She knew that Ramin never would want to guess, he was that kind of person, but she still wanted him to.

Me: You have to guess, I won't tell ya until you do :P

The thing she had gotten was a picture of Ramin and her and on top of the picture it stood: "the best of all friendships: Rierra<3''. It was a very cute picture of the two of them and she really liked it. She always liked getting fan mails, often it was emails saying how good she was, which could become a bit boring. However sometimes she got real letters with gifts. Not that she didn't like the emails, just that the letters with gifts were funnier to get.

When she went to rest a bit on her bed, after feeding Celie and Olivia she checked her phone to see if Ramin had answered but sadly he hadn't. She knew he had a hectic life with his two adorable sons, the exercising and concerts but that didn't make her less disappointed. It was things like this that sometimes made Sierra feel a little alone as well. All her friends had families but not her. But there was no reason to feel way to sad about that, Sierra was happy with her life. And by the way, the pace of life is what it is, and Sierra loved spending her time with friends and doing Broadway things. Some days ago, he she had heard about the "Secret Garden" revival and really wanted to be Lily again. Right now, she was kind of to tiered to think about it but there was nothing she had planned for the year, so it would probably work. She had done so many things that had been so funny, like love never dies and phantom. Help, Sierra felt her thoughts flip away, probably because she was tired. She squeezed her eyes together and hoped that sleep would come soon. The last though she had in her head was about how funny the last time, 25th anniversary had been to do, with Ramin and all.