Chapter 10

Sierra:

After she had opened all her gifts and many people were starting to leave Ramin was still by her side talking and laughing. Even if she in no way wanted him to leave she was surprised because she had earlier had a feeling that he wanted to leave. The fact that he stayed made her extremely happy and, in a way, proud, because that meant that he enjoyed her company even when she was with her friends. She knew she was being childish because Ramin was a grown-up man, so he should know how to act around people. Also, he already knew most of her other friends, therefore it would be weird if he wouldn't be able to talk to them. Still, the fact that he stayed and seemed to enjoy the evening made her all fuzzy inside.

Sierra and her two best friends; Ramin and Sherie were the last ones left in the tent that evening. They sat around a table talking, she and Ramin in a couch and Sherie in a sofa across them. It was a warm spring's evening and the sun was getting low. Ramin had his arm around Sierra and she was resting her head on his shoulder. The rest of her friends had gone home because of some unspoken reason which she didn't know. She supposed it was because they had work the following day and didn't want to get home too late. But she didn't complain, Sherie and Ramin were still left and she loved their company. Especially Ramin's because she didn't meet him as often, but also because they had some kind of bond that she only had with him and not with anyone else.

- Shit! he suddenly exclaimed.

- What is it?

Sierra got very scared because as Ramin swore he had moved quickly which made her realise how they sat.

- It's starting to get late, you know, and it is rehearsals tomorrow. I'm so sorry but I have to leave.

He looked truly sorry and she felt a kind of sadness fill her. She didn't want him to leave, but what could she do? They were meeting each other the following day anyway so she didn't have to feel this way.

- Well; she said as Ramin helped her stand up. I guess we have to say goodbye then.

He gave her a sad smile.

- Goodbye birthday-girl! I hope you've had a great day.

They embraced each other in a long warm hug. She didn't know why but she loved to hug him. He had the perfect length, was always warm and smelled good. And the way he hugged her, God! He gave her so tender but still so firm hugs. It was simply just perfect.

- Thank you for everything; she whispered in his ear. And thank you for making this birthday to the best.

As they parted she saw him blushing slightly and giving her a wide smile.

- See you tomorrow then, Sie! And bye Sherie!

- Bye!

Sierra had completely forgotten about Sherie now when Ramin was about to leave. In a way she felt a bit ashamed, not because she had forgotten about Sherie, but because Sherie had seen them hug. Well, of course it was only in a friendly way, but it was still very personal, and it felt somehow secret. Stop being such a high school girl Sierra! They were only friends and it was nothing secret in hugging a friend, not even a friend with the opposite gender.

- He's a very nice guy; Sherie stated the moment Ramin was out of sight.

- I know, that's why he's my best friend; Sierra jokingly said.

- I understand that. You look like you're born to be with each other.

- I guess...; Sierra felt her cheeks getting uncomfortably warm.