Chapter 22

Ramin:

Ramin woke up by the sunlight streaming into his bedroom. He did not want to go up, so he turned around in his bed and looked at the clock to see if he could sleep just two minutes more. Realising that rehearsals had already started ten minutes ago, he literary jumped out of his bed, running around in his flat like crazy to find all things that he needed. Of course he didn't find anything so after ten minutes of searching for clothes to wear he just decided to wear another pair of khaki shorts and a black t-shirt. Then he ran around searching for his keys, which were gone too.

At last he was outside his flat and started walking the road to the theatre. He didn't even have the time to pass by Starbucks to buy coffee, he was already 40 minutes late and he didn't want to miss any more of the rehearsals. A bit further down on the road he saw a familiar figure walking very fast. The figure had red hair put up in a messy bun, wore yoga pants and a grey hoodie that he recognised, and held a water bottle in her hand. She was kind of short and thin and even though he only saw her from behind, her whole appearance made his stomach fill with butterflies and made his heart beat faster. Why was she late? He ran up to her and when he was right behind her, he pocked her on the shoulder. She turned around and a big smile appeared on her lips.

- Ramin! she said and threw herself into his arms.

He hugged her back and felt his knees become weak just by her touch.

- Sierra! he said equally enthusiastically.

- Why are you late? she asked as she drew back from his embrace.

- I guess I slept too long; he gave her a goofy smile. Why are you late?

- Same reason.

They continued walking hand in hand and during the walk Ramin totally forgot that Sierra wore his hoodie. She probably forgot it too since she didn't mention it. Even if they mostly walked in silence it wasn't awkward. In fact, the silence was felt very comfortable. Ramin had to remind himself to breath once in a while because just the sight of Sierra's beautiful appearance made him breathless. Also, the fact that they held hands made his mind and heart race. Each time they looked at each other he had to tell himself to not kiss her, she looked so sweet and beautiful. There was no other way to describe her.

- Ramin; Sierra said as she checked her phone.

- Yes?

- We started like an hour and ten minutes ago, so we should maybe run.

- Oh, that sounds like a plan; he said, and they started running, not letting go of their entwined hands.

Ramin held up the door to Sierra so she could walk in. They entered the theatre and was met by the whole cast sitting in a semi-circle, staring directly at them with suspicious looks. He looked at Sierra and realised what the cast may have thought because Sierra still wore his hoodie. His stomach dropped, people would think that something happened during the night. It's not like it wasn't suspicious that the two of them were coming in late, holding hands and Sierra wearing his shirt. Sierra probably realised that too because she blushed furiously and marched over to a chair and sat down as far away from Ramin as she could. Sure, nothing had happened, but even if he didn't want to admit it he was disappointed that nothing had happened. Of course, his cheeks too became uncomfortably hot and he walked over to Ali sitting down beside her.

- Now, what have you two done this night then? Ali whispered with a big smirk on her face.

His suspicions were correct. Why did everyone think there was something between him and Sierra when nothing ever happened? Sure, he wished that they would be a couple and that something actually would have happened that night.